Last updated: April 7, 2020 By Arvin Reynold
You are here because you are desperately looking for the best fire escape ladder for your home or as a gift for your loved ones. It’s a little bit of a daunting task since there are a lot of them. They come in a lot of variety as well. But no matter what your need is, I am pretty sure I have reviewed that fire escape ladder here.
Fire Escape Ladder Comparison Table
Here is the list of most popular fire escape ladders from several trusted brands. Some of them is operating in the U.S.A. for the last 50+ years! Have a sneak peek first, and you will get in-depth review later.
Kidde Fire Escape Ladder
|View On Amazon|
First Alert Portable Escape Ladder
|View On Amazon|
ISOP Rope Ladder
|View On Amazon|
Hausse Retractable Ladder
|View On Amazon|
SHAREWIN Fire Ladder
|View On Amazon|
Hausse 3 Story Ladder
|View On Amazon|
Popular Fire Escape Ladder Reviews 2020
I tried to give you what the real users think about these ladders. From the oldest but most trusted brand to newly popular brands; I have covered them all. From inexpensive to moderately priced; I tried to give you the most in-depth overview of all popular emergency escape ladders.
Kidde with Anti-Slip Rungs [Model # KL-2S]
As your fire safety plan, it is something you must add to your fire safety gear list. Having the proper length is important. There is nothing to worry about. It comes in 2 sizes: 13 feet and 25 feet. Suitable for a 3 story and 2 story building. And obviously, it is fire-resistant.
Firefighters recommended emergency fire escape ladder for balcony. They call it a well-made one that is very much easy to deploy in case of an emergency. It got probably the highest positive feedback among its kind, so put it in the first. Because I really want you to have it. When you left your kids at home and if the worst happens, this may save their lives!
Yes, during an emergency, it will work. How do you know? Well, actually a lot of people already did some drill. Some accidentally deployed it. They did some climbing up and down including kids whose ages ranging from 11 to 18. It’s a little bit wobbly, but all of them confirmed it will work when the worst happens.
And yes you can actually repack it! It opens up very easily and folds up as well without any hassle. You can put it anywhere you find most convenient. Slide it under your bed? What I am trying to say that it’s so easy to store it. A great blessing where you have a small apartment and I have been there. So I know how hard it is to store something like this.
The price is reasonable as well. Buy with confidence. The peace of mind it will give you is simply priceless. Assess how many do you need carefully. Can all of your family members access the fire escape ladder easily? If not, buy multiple of them add them to the fire kit. If you plan to drill first, buy an extra. Do not take any chance when it comes to fire! It’s sturdy and long-lasting.
Tips: Talk to your kids about how to use it. Every family member should know what to do in case of fire.
- Attaches perfectly to any sort of common windows. Though it is not designed to fit anything other than the window, it will fit deck as well if it has a ‘lip’ to attach.
- How sturdy and durable it is? Well, pretty good. It’s suitable for up to 1,000 pounds! And why not! It’s made with pure steel and badass nylon.
- Features anti-slip rungs. Ensures secure footings and no chance of slipping. Totally tangle-free.
- It comes completely ready. No assembly required. Just attach the fire escape ladder to your window and deploy it!
- Perfect for any house and residential buildings. Suitable for both the adults and kids.
- Sharp metal edges. Might do damage to the side of your house. So be careful!
- It’s a one time use only emergency fire escape ladder.
First Alert (Model: EL52-2)
I don’t recommend any cheap fire escape ladder, but I have included this in my list because of its incredible number of positive feedback. Yes, it’s affordable but rest assured it can do the job and it has already proved it in several incidents. Being lightweight has its own advantage and its one of the lightest fire escape ladder!
The cool thing about this emergency escape ladder is that it features an emergency release strap. That’s a big plus when you have to get it set up in no time during the emergency. Even your kid will be able to deploy it on his own when no adults are around. Of course, you have to teach him how to do it.
Being an affordable fire escape ladder has not made it cheap. The construction is great and when you touch it you can tell its pretty solid.
Many parents have simulated it during lots of drills and they were pretty happy about it. The kids were able to perform these fire drills using this one. They successfully finished these drills climbing down. So, a lot of them have bought a couple of them. It’s so inexpensive, so why not? Besides, it’s reusable. So, it’s a pretty good live-saving investment.
You should get more than one of it if you plan to perform such drills first which I recommend strongly. I pray you never have to use it, but be prepared! A lot of the parents with only 4 to 5 years tough their kids how to climb down the window using the fire escape ladder. This little practice will make your kids confident as well because they know they are fully prepared even when the worst happens.
- Suitable for both the 2 story and 3 story home. If you get the 2 storied escape ladder, it has a length of 14 feet. And the 3 storied fire escape ladder has a length of 24 feet. The max windowsill width is 10 inches.
- Let me tell you again. It’s damn sturdy! Strong steel constructed that is tested for up to 1,125 lbs. For added strength, it features DuPont Cordura nylon strapping as well. It’s a pretty dependable fire escape ladder for a home fire.
- Comes fully assembled; ready to use anytime.
- Meets all the relevant safety standards including ASTM.
- Features epoxy-coated rung for sure footing. No chance of slipping as well.
- It’s reusable which I don’t recommend. Get multiple of it!
- In some very rare cases, it did not work for some window sill during the drills. So, I recommend you test run it as soon as you get it.
ISOP Safety Rope Ladder with Carabiners
When you can go for nothing but strong ropes and strong carabiners, think about this one seriously from ISOP. All the fire escape ladders from the same brand have great quality but this fire escape ladder got popularity in no time! It’s crucial for the safety of you and your family members, but its fun to do some drill as well. Lots of already tried it and their appreciation is simply priceless.
The strong safety hooks make it so perfect for both the adult and kids. Just for safety reasons, every home should have it. That’s not me! It’s the thought of happy users. It is safe for your fingers as well. Won’t cut into your fingers which is pretty rare in other fire escape ladders. Yea, it’s not so cheap but it’s completely reusable. Not just reusable, it’s long-lasting as well.
You gotta pay a little extra for a premium quality product, right? It’s very sturdy and would not fail you when the time comes. The 2 carabiners are strong and easily hook to the railing. Made of high-quality strong well-braided ropes. All the metal parts are sturdy and solid. Just having it will give you peace in your mind.
Hopefully, you won’t have to use it in real-life scenarios, but I strongly encourage you to do some drills with it as a preparation for the worst-case scenario. Make the kids do the drill. It’s fun to do the drill as I mentioned earlier. It’s so easy to use that your kids will be able to mount it the right way if he/she can open the window.
- From 8 feet to 25 feet; your need is always covered. It comes in 4 sizes (length) with 12 inches width!
- The diameter of the runs and rope is 0,9 and 0,72 inch respectively.
- Made from resin and higher quality ropes. It’s so strong that it can hold up to 2,000 lbs.
- It’s must-have for every home or office who wants to stay safe.
- Deploys in seconds! You do not need any extra tools to assemble it.
- Lightweight and portable. Your child can carry it. Can be stored under your bed.
- If you don’t have a bar or railing, they have special hooks for special needs!
- It comes with a waterproof bag to store it.
- People feel the need for hooks to attach it to the window sash. Contact them if you need those special hooks.
- Very few reported it to have cheap steps.
13 Feet Long Hausse
So, you have already learned about the brand as I have reviewed its most popular emergency fire escape ladder. However, Hausse has other fire escape ladders that are getting popularity at a faster pace and this escape ladder is doing just great. If you have been suffering from the fear that it will take more space; relax… It takes up less space than you think.
If you have a second-story bedroom window sill – you will find it pretty helpful. It’s perfectly safe for everyone and anyone can touch it without danger of cutting your fingers. The strap construction is perfectly stitched, so it’s perfectly safe for your kids as well.
Lots of people have bought it for their own and some of them gifted it to their close ones. They have confirmed it to be a well-made and highly sturdy emergency escape ladder that will do the job pretty well. Almost all of them are happy and their positive feedback will encourage you having it as well.
It’s so easy to use that every one of your family can carry it and attach it. You can figure it out yourself. You have it and it will give you a secure feeling that will let you to outside and leaving your kids home. However, if you have little children; they can’t carry it as it will be a little bit heavier for them.
There is no chance of being disappointed by having it. So many people were relieved just by gifting it to their daughters or close relatives. Read some buyers’ reviews and you will understand what I am talking about. Get more than one fire escape ladder if you want to do some drills.
- Fits perfectly to almost any window frame or window sills. No chance of slip-off at all.
- Like other fire escape ladders of the same brand, the ladder hook is retractable.
- It’s for emergency only; takes only seconds to deploy it. Very important to escape the fire rapidly.
- Can withstand up to 1,000 lbs. of weight.
- As usual, comes with a red canvas bag for easy storage.
- Features strong and durable ladder rope that has a large bearing capacity.
- V-shaped support frame for extra strength and durability.
- High appreciation and recommendations from happy users.
- Like any rope ladder; it moves a little when you climb on it. Some people expected a little less bouncy ladder.
- The aluminum spacers have sharp edging. So be careful!
- One time use only. Get multiple if you want to run some tests.
SHAREWIN 50 Foot Portable Fire Ladder
Do you need a really long emergency fire escape ladder for your home? How about a 50-foot long escape ladder? It’s pretty good for 5 to 6 storied building and you have 2 or 3 storied home – it’s still suitable for you. When other fire escape ladders reviewed above could not do the job while drilling, people ended up having it.
It’s super sturdy and you will feel much safer knowing it’s there to save your life along with your family members’. A reliable sturdy ladder is all you need to escape the deadly fire when there is a huge chance you would be stuck otherwise.
SHAREWIN just did the incredible job bringing this great emergency fire escape ladder which has already go a tremendous number of positive feedback. You will find a lot of happy buyers; read their recommendations and some real reviews before you buy it.
Just by looking at it you can tell it’s a well-made fire escape ladder. And I am pretty sure it will be up for the task when the worst time comes. Most people call it a reliable one. Reasonably priced and it comes in multiple sizes to meet everyone’s need.
Just by having it will give you the ultimate sense of security and you can sleep well at night. Left kids at home? Nothing to worry! Just do some drills get themselves familiar with it. They will be able to save their life on their own.
Why Should You Buy It?
- Available in 4 sizes like 15/25/50 ft. From a two-storied home to 6 story apartment; it’s perfect for every home type.
- Maximum recommended weight limit is 990 lbs.
- Wide steps; so perfectly safe for everyone. Highly portable that lasts really long.
- Being completely foldable has made it a space-saving escape ladder that you can store anywhere you want. Maybe under your bed?
- For more stability and safety, it features V-shaped central brackets.
- For more strength and durability, the ropes used are braided!
- EU’s EN131 certified.
- Completely lightweight and it hooks into the window frame so great that there is no chance of slipping at all.
- It’s for one-time use only. So if you have the plan to drill first which I strongly recommend, you should get more than one fire escape ladder.
Hausse 25 Feet Emergency Escape Ladder
It’s astonishingly lightweight. When you learn about its functionality, it’s really surprising. Another great 25 feet long fire escape ladder from Hausse. The brand has several popular fire escape ladders I have reviewed a couple of them from the same brand. But this emergency fire escape ladder is the most popular and there are pretty good reasons why it is.
Any sudden fire can block the stairways due to smoke. People need an alternative exit. It’s so user-friendly that everyone can deploy it without any trouble. Even the kids can do it. They need some training though. Be responsible; have it and give your family members great access out of their burning home.
After several drills and tests, many people have confirmed it to be effective for any emergency usages. You can test it as well and roll it back again. You can sleep well and have your peace of mind just simply having it. Because you know it will be there for your rescue!
It’s affordable and you are strongly advised to replace it every 3 years. I strongly recommend you to have several numbers of it for each room. It comes in a nice pouch; so you can store it easily under your bed. Lots of users have expressed their gratitude and promised to buy it again.
- It fits perfectly with almost any window sills or window frame. Pretty secure hooks; no chance of slipping at all. It’s retractable; so make sure to extend it at both ends.
- For your steady footholds, it features slip-resistant rungs.
- Blazing fast to deploy; built for emergencies only.
- Can withstand up to 1,000 lbs. of weight.
- Since it can extend up to 25 feet. So you can easily use in 3 storied building.
- Comes with a durable canvas bag for easy storage.
- Durable and strong ladder rope including great bearing capacity.
- Very easy to fold due to its V-shaped support frame.
- Though you can fold it back; but it’s really difficult to put it back in its package.
ISOP With Carabiners & Safety Harness
The cool thing about this that it fits anywhere in the building. In case you don’t understand how important it is – let me elaborate it a little bit. During the fire emergency, it’s hard to keep your head together. You can’t think straight. There might be a scenario where you can’t find the windows at all. This rope style fire escape ladder is something you will find most useful then.
It’s truly a stable and durable fire escape ladder for balcony and it is made out of quality materials. It’s perfect for both the adults and kids. It’s perfectly safe for the kids as it has protection from the falling. You will feel safe for your family and you can sleep in peace at night.
You will find a lot of YouTube videos on this escape ladder. You will learn how to use this rescue ladder and its multi-part usages. You will see who easily people climb down 3 to 4 storied building safely. The build is great and it’s pretty sturdy. That’s the reason it got so many high appreciations.
Built from the finest materials to save lives. You will find a lot of pleased people who have already used this. The length is perfect (32 feet) for any 3 to 4 storied building. You can buy it either with the belt or the harness.
As a responsible adult, you do what you have to do to fireproof your sweet home. But the truth is you can never be too safe when it comes to fire. You need something reliable like this. Have it in your fire safety arsenal and you can thank me later 🙂
- It’s not just a ladder, it features heavy-duty carabiners and harness as well. Even if you misstep during the rush, there is no chance of falling. This will give you the much-needed confidence boost during the emergency.
- Perfect for any home/building/commercial establishment as it fits most windows. Lots of hotels and apartments already have it in their fire safety arsenal.
- It’s lightweight and highly portable. Your kids even have any trouble to carry and fit it. This is the most responsible thing you can do proving your family members a great safety exit.
- Probably the lowest chance of slipping and falling.
- Perfect or balcony railing as well. Have a lot of great positive feedback. Almost everyone agreed it’s a well-constructed fire escape ladder.
- A little bit tricky to use.
- Just one belt L some people did not like this feature.
It’s made in the U.S.A. and let me tell you it’s a beast! And they are in the business for the last 50 years. They call it a great piece of fire safety gear.
When you need something sturdier than a set of canvas rungs, ResQLadder is here for you. Already saved lives from a house fire. People have tested it on numerous drills and in real-life scenarios. And it worked like a champ!
It’s so easy to pack and unpack. It comes with a box in which you can store it in your convenient place for easy access. Attach to the window pretty well and it’s pretty easy to hook and unhook it. So, it will be ready to be used anytime whether it’s day or night.
If you compare it with other emergency escape ladders available out there, it’s a little bit heavy. And it’s a good thing! It’s a little bit heavy because it is one of the sturdiest fire escape ladders out there. Not just sturdy, I call it a very substantial ladder. Some people love it so much that the bought it for each of their rooms!
After reading a lot of positive reviews, I have decided to include it to my recommended list. If you are looking for a rope or chain fire escape ladder, you won’t be disappointed having it. When you have a child living with you, this will give you the extra confidence and you will have your peace of mind.
- Available in multiple sizes like 12/15/25/35/50 feet. No matter whether you have 2 or 3 storied building, it is still a perfect choice for you. It’s perfect for 2 to 6 storied buildings.
- Fits any standard windowsill. Highly portable without any installation requirement. So, you can take it wherever you move.
- For a safe escape, you need something reliable. Well, it has been tested against 1,000 lbs.
- Slip-resistant and made of strong steel for added durability and safety. The chains are also made of steel.
- Features standoffs so that it keeps away from the building.
- Made in the U.S.A. under strict protocols to save American lives.
- Not suitable if you have window sills more than 10 inches wide.
How To Pick The Best Fire Escape Ladder?
You can’t afford to mess it up while picking the best fire safety ladder. It’s the next most important fire safety gear right after the fire extinguishers. The life of your family members and yours may depend on it. So, you gotta pick the right fire escape ladder that will save your family. Here are the important factors that you need to consider first:
It should touch the ground from the railing. That means you gotta pick the right size. You live in a 3 storied building but pick the length of a 2 storied escape ladder – what do you think will happen? From 12 feet to 50 feet, they come in a lot of different sizes. Pick the size that matches your requirements.
During the fire, everybody will in the rush. There may not be enough time to climb down one by one. That’s why you gotta make sure it can withstand the weight of 2 to 3 people simultaneously. From 700 lbs. to more than 2,000 lbs. – you will find a lot of them with different capacities. Read the maximum recommended weight limit before you pick fire escape ladder.
Size of Window
That is a very important factor to consider; otherwise, you would be disappointed. Measure the window sills carefully or at least make sure the escape ladder fits in any window type or railing. You can find some adjustable fire escape ladders out there and they will attach to any window type that you may have.
Go for the textured/rectangular shaped anti-slip rungs. You will end up hurting yourself if you go for the round anti-slip rungs since they are so slippery. During the emergency, your full focus will be on how quickly you can climb down and a simple misstep can injure you badly. Only the anti-slip rungs can protect your footings during the rush.
Stand-off Safety Features
I am talking about the stabilizers of the fire escape ladder. They keep the ladder away from the wall. By creating a space between the escape ladder and the hot wall during the fire, it protects the ladder from burning itself. If you have glass window, it will protect it too.
Heat Resistant Materials
If any parts of your ladder are made of plastic or nylon; just dump it. It won’t of any good to you when the time comes. From the excessive heat, such nylon parts will simply meltdown. Always prefer the aluminum or steel made ladder that has almost no chance of melting. They tend to be lightweight as well; so even your kids will be able to carry them when you are not nearby.
Ease of Use
The simpler the better. It should be deployed in seconds without much effort. Avoid complex emergency escape ladders that take time to set up. Trust me, you won’t have that time! There should be a quick-release strap and after you attach the hooks into the window sills, just release it. And that’s all it should take!
Certifications from the proper authorities and regulators give you a sense of trust and security, right? You will find lots of fire escape ladders that have the certification of both the U.S.A. and EU regulators. If you are in the U.S.A., look for the ASTM F2175 certification.
You will find both the one time use only and reusable types. And I have reviewed a few of the above. But I always prefer the one-time use only type. Such stuff is something with what you do not want to take a chance! Besides, they are so cheap; so why would you look for a reusable escape ladder? You wanna do some drills, get a couple of them!
Watch the video to learn how to install a fire escape ladder on your own:
It’s something you never intend to use in your life but you have to have it. But home fire accidents are so common than ever! So, you have no alternative but to have the best fire escape ladder to protect yourself and your loved ones. As a responsible adult, communicate with your remote close ones and make sure they have a escape ladder too.