Other than getting rid of combustion gases, your exhaust also determines how well your bike sounds as you ride it. And as any seasoned rider will tell you, nothing gives a rider more pride than a deep, throaty sound on their bike as they cruise around.
The mufflers determine the quality of the sound of your bike. You want to invest in the best sounding slip on mufflers for Harley Touring to enjoy your riding experience as much as you possibly can.
Best Sounding Slip On Mufflers For Harley Comparison Table
It’s gonna be a long ride. But you can have a look at the following comparison table to see what I am gonna review.
V&H Twin Slash
|View On Amazon|
Cobra NH Series
|View On Amazon|
|View On Amazon|
|View On Amazon|
Cobra Neighbor Haters
|View On Amazon|
5 Best Performance Exhaust For Harley Davidson Reviews 2020
There are a lot of them but apart from 3 or 4 prominent brands like V&H, most of them are junks. Here are the top five best mufflers for your bike.
Vance & Hines Exhaust For Harley Touring
Harley- Davidson motorbikes have a reputation, and nothing makes your bike live up to its name than these pipes from Vance & Hines. If you are looking for classy, top-notch muffler slip- ons for Harley m8, then look no further than this product.
First off, the sound quality that comes with the pipes is simply amazing. It is a deep rumble that suits a quality bike, just right. It is loud enough to turn heads, but not too loud that you have to shout when you speak to others.
If you want to reduce the sound, even more, you can simply make use of the quiet inserts that come with the exhaust for Harley Street Glide. That way, you will have a peaceful ride if that is what you are after without too much noise. Whenever you feel like being a little louder, simply remove the inserts, and you are good to go.
The design and make of the mufflers is also something that every biker will be impressed by. The mufflers are quite large at 4″, which only makes your bike more intimidating. This is undoubtedly a quality you want in your street or dirt bike, right?
The durability of these mufflers is just awesome. They are sold in pairs to ensure that you get years of service before you need to make another purchase. They also come with a heat shield, which is great for your bike.
As if the aesthetics and acoustics of these mufflers were not enough, they also help boost the performance of your bike a little. They are excellent performance exhaust for Harley Davidson 103. This might affect their noise reduction capabilities a bit, but it is a small price to pay for the enhanced smoothness of your rides as well as less fuel consumption.
The mufflers are meant to be used on 1995-2016 Harley-Davidson Touring models, so ensure that your model is compatible with these before you buy them. And the good news is every time you do an upgrade with such exhaust and so on, you can fine-tune your HD yourself if you have a Harley tuner. Here is a video review of V&H.
Pros and Features
- A deep sound that is pleasant to the ears.
- Signature twin slash end treatment that is characteristic of Vance & Hines mufflers.
- It comes with quiet inserts for when you want to roam around with minimal distraction.
- Large round 4” body that is easy to install.
- Sold in pairs for your convenience, so you do not have to make any purchases soon.
- Outstanding customer support from the manufacturer.
- Excellent heat shielding system to make your rides more comfortable and enjoyable.
- The bike might not be as loud as you like it to be, which can be a bummer if you like attracting attention from miles away.
- The mufflers can only be used with specific bike models, and purchasing them only to find that they do not fit on your bike can be frustrating.
Cobra NH Series Slip-On Exhaust
How loud do you like your bike on a scale of one to ten? If you choose 8, 9, or 10, then these mufflers are the choice for you. They are aggressive in every sense of the word and are only suitable for those who have no problem being in the spotlight.
And, they will not necessarily put you in the spotlight for the right reasons. Aptly named the Neighbor Hater, they will make you the subject of loathing in your neighborhood thanks to their roar that can be heard from miles away. But what is the thrill of having a bike if not to arouse the envy of others and to hear your engine revving as you cruise at midnight?
The make of these mufflers ensures that everyone knows when you arrive home or pass by them. Their mighty roar comes from the smooth rolled end shape that adds a megaphone effect to make them obnoxiously loud. What’s more, the bell-shaped trumpet exit amplifies the sound of the exhaust for Milwaukee 8 further.
If you want to flex with your bike, by all means, look for these mufflers. No doubt, you will be the envy of other bikes, whose mufflers pale in comparison to yours.
The mufflers also help you conserve some fuel and increase the efficiency of your bike. Even when the bike is on idle, the mufflers still produce a low rumble to make you aware that your bike is still on. That way, you can better decide whether to switch off the engine or leave the bike running.
A bike is expensive. Sometimes, it might not make any sense to invest in aftermarket products such as mufflers after you have spent a small fortune on purchasing the bike itself. On the flip side, this could mean putting up with substandard accessories that can ruin your biking experience for you.
Thankfully, however, there are quality aftermarket products that are so reasonably priced that you will have no qualms spending a little more on them to improve your riding experience. These slip-on mufflers for Harley soft tail are precisely what you need since they are cheap but worth every single penny you spend on them. And don’t let the price fool you; they may be cheap, but they are also durable and produce the excellent quality sound that you want.
Before you make a purchase, make sure that these mufflers are compatible with your motorbike. These are made explicitly for 17-19 Harley FLHX2 models, so keep this in mind before making a purchase.
Pros and Features
- Produces a loud, conspicuous sound that is just right and not irritating.
- Has a bell-shaped trumpet exit to amplify the engine sound.
- It is competitively priced and gives you full value for your money.
- Produces a low rumble if you leave your bike on idle to let you know that your bike is still running.
- They really stand behind their product for a very long time, which is the hallmark of a quality product.
- The muffles may begin to rattle badly after a few months, which can be a tad irritating.
- The bike may be too loud for some, and it could even land you into minor trouble with local authorities over noise limits violations.
Rinehart Slip Ons
Rinehart Racing is a big name in the vehicle aftermarket industry, and it is no surprise that their mufflers made the list of the five best mufflers in the market. There is simply a lot to love about these mufflers, and you have to look hard to find something to hate about them. They are the embodiment of quality products.
The first thing you will love about these Rinehart slip ons is just how easy they are to install. They are slip-on mufflers, which means that you can simply clip them on in less than ten minutes and bring your engine to life to test how they sound. Great news for those who are not the best with machines, right?
What is better, the mufflers come with a clear and concise guide on how to install them. There is no scratching your head, wondering what goes where with this product. Even if this is your first bike, rest assured you will be done with the installation within no time.
After installing the mufflers comes riding the bike. These mufflers strike the perfect balance between boringly low sounds and obnoxiously loud sound. The sound produced is unmistakably deep, and one that you can take deep pride in.
The mufflers require no acoustic tuning, and the manufacturers do not recommend it at all. Simply install your mufflers and have a good time riding your bike! To get the best out of your HD engine, get a stage 1 air cleaner too along with it.
As with other mufflers, these are model- specific, meant to be used with 1995-2016 Harley Touring motorbikes. Keep this in mind before making your purchase.
Pros and Other Features
- These mufflers are extremely easy to install and come with clear guidelines on how to go about the process.
- The mufflers are excellently designed and will only add style and flair to your Harley Touring bike.
- The mufflers do not require any tuning; after installation, simply enjoy the deep, throaty sounds that they produce.
- The mufflers are neither too loud nor too quiet; they strike the perfect balance but still produce an enviably deep sound.
- You can use them with Original Equipment head pipes or with Rinehart Racing’s Slimline Dual Headers.
- The Rinehart Racing mufflers are quite expensive, although they are sure to give you full value for your money.
- Have some complains about fast customer service.
Sharkroad 1718BB Megaphone
One thing that stands out about Sharkroad products is their durability, and these mufflers are no exception.
Made from gage ten cold-rolled steel, they are some of the hardiest slip-on mufflers for Harley Davidson touring models on the market. They are also polished in 6 different steps to produce that luster that you will love.
The quality of sound produced by these mufflers is no doubt superior to that of most other products in the market. The muffles also come with removable baffles that can help you regulate the sound to your liking.
If you are in the mood for a beastly, roaring, and intimidating sound, simply remove the baffles. If, on the other hand, you only want quiet while riding, simply inserts the baffles to reduce the sound.
Installing the mufflers is a walk in the park. In addition to clear instructions on how to go about the task, the mufflers also come with hardware to help make the installation easier. Talk about a welcome bonus!
Pros and Features
- Made of cold-rolled steel and aluminum, which are both known for their strength and durability.
- Very reasonably priced and will serve you well for years.
- You can regulate the sound that they produce by inserting baffles to reduce the sound and removing them to increase the sound.
- Mufflers come with installation hardware and clear guidelines to make an otherwise dreary task easier.
- The mufflers produce a distinctively deep sound that will make any motorbike rider happy.
- The workmanship of the mufflers is wanting as you may find them expelling some fiberglass as you ride.
- The mufflers have been known to rust on the inside, which can negatively affect their longevity.
Cobra Neighbor Haters 6107
Cobra mufflers are known for their roar, and this product lives up to the reputation completely. It is also labeled a Neighbor Hater, so you can expect some not- so- pleased looks from people as you cruise past them on your ride.
This exhaust is designed for the thrill-seekers who are brought to life by the intimidating roar of the bike on which they are riding.
What’s better about this bike is that the sound is not too loud to impede you from hearing your stereo while you ride. You can even have conversations with others at stopovers without having to shout. Could it get any better?
The Cobra Milwaukee 8 slip ons also elegantly designed, so you can expect them to add to the luxurious look of your bike.
They are also not hard to install, and the whole installation process will take you about ten minutes. They are also relatively cheap, but still perform excellently and will most likely surpass your expectations.
Pros and Features
- A loud, beastly sound that will turn heads and get you plenty of attention.
- Have a spiraled louvered core that ends in a trumpet-bell shape to amplify the sound further.
- They are very reasonably priced for the quality of sound that they produce.
- A good sound that is pleasant to the ears and does not hamper your hearing as you ride the bike; you can still listen to the radio or hold conversations at stopovers without shouting.
- Elegantly designed and very light in weight to make your bike better looking and enhance its performance.
- You may need to replace your stock OEM from the cylinders to the slip-on to get the full volume of these mufflers.
- An unpleasant rattle can develop after using the product for a while.
Buying Guide For The Right Slip on Mufflers for Harley Touring
So you have decided to buy an aftermarket muffler. Great choice, and for good reasons too. For one, an aftermarket muffler is more likely to be of higher quality than the muffler you get from the original bike manufacturer. The same is true for the rear shocks for Harley Davidson, right?
Why do you ask? Because often, original manufacturers have a lot to consider when making the bike, that the muffler may not get as much attention as you would like it to. If the quality of sound that your bike produces is essential to you, you may consider purchasing a muffler made by companies that are dedicated to this part of your bike.
Secondly, aftermarket mufflers tend to be lighter and better designed than those that come with the bike. You certainly want a lighter muffler for a smoother riding experience, don’t you?
Finally, aftermarket mufflers tend to be very reasonably priced. Considering how much better they make your riding experience, they are worth every extra penny you spend on them.
So, now that you know why an aftermarket muffler is a good purchase, what remains is to know how to choose the best muffler for your bike. Here are a few factors to consider before you swipe your card to make a purchase.
- Model, Model, Model
One cannot emphasize enough just how important it is to buy a muffler that is compatible with your bike. The last thing you want is to have to return a muffler after going through all the trouble of purchasing one only to find that it does not fit your bike.
If you are in doubt, call customer service and ask them whether your specific model is compatible with their muffler. Just don’t buy a muffler if you are in any kind of doubt.
- Sound Quality
Once you are sure that the muffler is compatible with your bike, the next thing is to think about its sound quality. If you already know someone who has a muffler like the one you want, then it shouldn’t be hard to gauge whether or not the sound quality is good for you.
If, on the other hand, you have no clue what your bike will sound like with the muffler, do some research. Listen to videos on YouTube or other review sites to decide whether it is something you want your bike to sound like. That way, there will be no surprise when you install your mufflers.
- Ease of Installation
You also want to consider how easy (or otherwise) it is to install the mufflers. This is particularly important if you are not very handy with tools. Also, it is better to buy mufflers from companies that include installation instructions in the package, as this could save you a lot of time when installing.
- Read Reviews
Finally, read reviews that have been written about the muffler you want to buy. Make sure you know its weaknesses so that you can decide whether or not you can live with them.
Mufflers are a good and relatively inexpensive way to upscale your bike. Whether you want a loud sound that can be heard for miles around or a deep rumble that will make your ride more enjoyable, rest assured you will find a muffler that serves you just right. You can start by trying out the 5 mufflers that have been reviewed above for the best sounding slip on mufflers for Harley Touring. Rest assured, they will not disappoint!