Last updated: May 11, 2020 By Arvin Reynold
Loud noise, heavy wind, and both hands on the handlebars make it difficult to make and receive phone calls. If you ride in a group for any long tours, the intercom communication among the riders makes the trip more enjoyable. And all of these things are possible if you have the best motorcycle Bluetooth headset for music.
Listening to music, having GPS guidance, and so on – everything you can do totally hands-free. So, it’s important you have the latest model that has all the modern features.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset For Music Comparison Table
Best Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset For Music Comparison Table
You will find a lot of Bluetooth headsets and it makes it so difficult to pick the right one. To save time, have a look at the following table that are most popular right now.
|View On Amazon|
|View On Amazon|
|View On Amazon|
|View On Amazon|
|View On Amazon|
FODSPORTS M1-S Pro
|View On Amazon|
Best Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset Reviews 2020
I have covered only the prominent and trusted brands like Lena and LEXIN. But they have so many models that will confuse you too. I have covered only their most popular motorcycle Bluetooth headsets.
Sena Bluetooth SMH10-11
The most popular bluetooth headset out there to make your long motorcycle journey enjoyable. Out of so many good things, you can make clear and natural conversations with your friends and families while on the road. Even if it is a windy day, your friend won’t know you are on a bike.
You can conveniently tuck away the speaker in your motorbike helmet and it will still be comfortable for your long ride. The speaker is so loud that you can still wear your earplugs and listen to everything clearly. If you occasionally make long rides you will understand how useful it is when your bike has loud pipes.
Long battery life is a must for long rides, right? Well, Sena features a powerful battery for this model. Even with loud volume, you can listen to your favorite music for up to 8 hours. If you love to listen to your favorite audiobooks while riding, you can do so for up to 14 hours!
Irrespective of the thunderstorm and other bad weather conditions, it will keep working just fine without any hiccups or other failures. If you are disappointed with your previous PMR radios or did not get satisfactory results using VOX/PTT motorcycle Bluetooth headsets, try this. You won’t be disappointed. Already more than thousands of happy users have recommended this.
Even if you are 500m apart from your fellow riders, you can still talk to each other. You can clearly listen to each other at 70mph+ speed no matter how windy it is out there. In such circumstances, the phone sound quality is still great and the quality of the Bluetooth music is just awesome.
And controlling every feature like the volume, music tracks, calls is pretty simple and straightforward with the jog wheel. You should face any trouble installing it either. Like more than thousands, make your daily commute more comfortable and enjoyable with this motorcycle Bluetooth headset.
Why Should You Buy It?
- 980 yards long-range Bluetooth headset for motorcyclists who love to share music. If you regularly require a better intercom feature, it’s second to none.
- Fits perfectly with the most common type of helmets.
- Powerful Bluetooth 3.0 technology enables you to carry on a 4-way conversation with speed dial feature (you can set up to 3 numbers). Many have confirmed the 4-way conversation features work just like a charm.
- Automatically reconnects if some go beyond the range.
- Features the most advanced noise control technology to get rid of all background noise for both incoming and outgoing calls. If you hear the wind noise, it’s your helmet to blame, not this. Excellent noise canceling feature!
- A durable battery that supports up to 12 hours of talk time.
- Expensive but worth every penny.
- Lots of wires!
- With thick gloves on, you may find controlling the small jog dial and phone button difficult.
Cardo PACKTALK SLIM
You don’t have to ride along with your buddies to love it, even for a lone wolf – it’s a real gem. The Cardo Bluetooth motorcycle communication system works perfectly fine even under severe, rain, wind, cold, and all other bad weather. It’s a waterproof model. You can’t have this great feature even in most prominent brands.
Being a small profile unit has some added advantages. It won’t create any trouble for your helmet. It has more user-friendly button controls than many other systems out there. For a bike to bike communication, it’s really easy to use. Already loved and recommended by thousands of hundreds of happy riders.
Trouble-free operation of your phone, listen to your music, map direction, etc. – everything is so easy with this motorcycle Bluetooth headset. No matter how noisy it is out there, it’s excellent noise-canceling technology lets you have a great conversation with the boom mic and speakers. Because of the tight seal over the charging port, it won’t let any outside noise in.
The benefits of the system do not end here…
You need a long battery life for your long rides. How about something that can keep going for more than 10 hours? Yes, it can. It has proven to do so. Just like Alexa or Siri, it has a totally hands-free voice activation feature. But will your phone battery hold up for so long?
There are pretty good reasons why people call it one of the best Bluetooth helmet speakers. Even with a very loud bike, you will have crystal clear sound while having a conversation. You will find the volume controlling very easy and with its pre-designed positioning, it will fit almost any motorcycle helmet.
Yes, it’s a little bit expensive but you won’t regret having it. For the most advanced yet simpler intercom communication while riding your bike, it should be in your serious consideration list.
Other Great Features & Pros
- Comes in multiple sizes and styles. Fits perfectly fine with most helmet types including the modular type.
- JBL sound; so don’t worry about the sound quality. Get ready to take your riding experience to the next level.
- Control it with your voice! You don’t need to press any buttons once it is on.
- It has 2 wireless mode connections: DMC and Bluetooth. If the Bluetooth is on, it can connect the motorcycle Bluetooth headset to other communication systems from other brands.
- Features the Dynamic Mesh technology to ensure you are always connected with your intercom group. It lets you join the conversation randomly with disturbing the ones who are already connected.
- 100% waterproof.
- Louder sound; even some have confirmed to have louder sound than the Sena Bluetooth model.
- Noise-canceling technology is better than other expensive brands.
- Very much affordable.
- Not an intuitive app.
- Poor user manual.
Just like the previous two motorcycle Bluetooth headsets, it’s a great one from LEXIN. With surprisingly loud headphones, there won’t be any problem even if you are on off-road riding. You can still listen to each other even if there is so much traffic with a loud noise. No chance of falling out even if you ride over the rocks. These are just verified facts by so many happy users.
Switching from voice conversation to listening to music and vice versa is fairly easy and a matter of a few seconds. If you are looking for an affordable communication system while riding your motorbike, it’s a great candidate for your consideration. For the price, the smart features and benefits are simply priceless.
If you give it a try, you won’t be disappointed. Fits perfectly with almost any full-face/modular helmets and other helmet kinds. You will find it super easy to use and they pair up easily every time. With excellent battery life, you can now go for your long rides tension-free. And it takes less time to have a fully-charged battery.
Even if you don’t set the volume to max, you will still have a loud sound with a clear conversation. Many have confirmed it’s much louder and clearer than other brands like the Scala Riders. It’s true you won’t have a lot of bass because of its tiny size, but it will meet your expectations.
The Bluetooth connection is fairly strong across the multiple devices. And many have confirmed the intercom quality exceeded their expectations. It’s pretty durable. Lasts longer than what you expect. Yes, it gets the job done and this motorcycle Bluetooth headset is less expensive than other famous brands out there.
- A complete hands-free experience. You will get complete access to Siri or S Voice of Samsung, and listen to the GPS voice guidance. Listening to music and FM radio is totally hassle-free.
- 1600 meters long intercom range. Up to 4-way conversation at the same time at such a long-range!
- Features a powerful lithium battery. You can listen to your favorite music for up to 15 hours or talk up to 8 hours with 120 hours of standby time.
- Highly durable, survived a lot of rainstorms on multiple cases.
- Advanced noise-canceling technology that lets you have a clear conversation with your peers even if you are going 120 km per hour.
- Interchangeable microphone feature for various helmet types. Choose the boom microphone for your open/flip-face helmet or choose the button microphone for your full-face helmet.
- A high customer satisfaction focused after-sales service to take care of all of your problems.
For any of the following issues or if you face other trouble, just contact the customer service.
- Have incidents of bad sound quality.
- Disconnection issues.
When you need a powerful motorcycle Bluetooth headset that lasts years after years with loud and clear sound, there are not so many alternatives to Sena. With the model SMH10D-10, you get all the advanced features to satisfy your needs. But I must warn you, you should have a decent budget to have this.
Take your intercom experience with other rides to the next level. You can have natural incoming and outgoing conversation, listen to the GPS voice guidance, send and receive text messages, and stream your favorite music. And you can do all of the great stuff without worrying about the battery life of it. Yes, the powerful battery is just awesome.
With the great speaker quality, you can talk to each other without any issue. You can accept and receive calls from your friends and families and they won’t know you are on a motorbike while talking. And it pairs with your rider group automatically without letting you know.
The ease of use is just lovely. With your gloves on, you can still control everything. You can still feel the press of the jog dial with the gloves on. Operating the jog dial is easy even with your gauntlets on. Your long trips won’t be bothering anymore. The flawless operation of this unit will let you have the full pleasure of long rides.
It works great with almost any helmet. However, in very rare circumstances, you may hear some noises depending on your helmet, speed, and motorcycle windscreen. But for all the full-face and convertible helmets, there is no noise. A lot of happy users are out there who are not happy with their other brands.
More Features of Sena Bluetooth SMH10D-10
- The intercom and music sharing distance cover up to 980 yards.
- Advanced Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity.
- 4-way intercom conversation with speed dial feature. Yes, you can connect the motorcycle Bluetooth headset with other brands for the conversation.
- You can update the firmware from your PC.
- No background noise for your incoming and outgoing call. Thanks to its advanced noise-canceling technology. No matter how loud exhaust your motorcycle has, you can still hear everything clearly.
- Suitable for almost any helmet type that you can imagine. Have a half helmet or a snowmobile helmet? Yes, fits perfectly fine!
- Perfectly durable and suitable for any weather situation.
- Comes with a very powerful battery. With just a single charge, you will have 12 hours of talk time with 10 days of standby time. And yes, the batteries are included.
- Huge positive reviews and recommendations from happy riders.
- Perfectly safe investment. Sena stands behind their product for a very long time. You will love their professional customer service.
- Intercom actuation issue while adjusting the volume.
- As usual, it’s expensive for some.
LEXIN LX-FT4 1-4
I have included another LEXIN because this thing really works. And it works pretty well. Apart from its basic job like intercom conversation, listening to music, GPS navigation, etc. – it’s pretty durable! It comes with sturdy mounting hardware with lots of options to enable you to mount it the way you want.
In fact, it has all the good features of an expensive unit. But it will cost a little in comparison with other brands.
With great audio clarity, you will have a clear group conversation. The ability to cancel noise is just great. Dirtbikes are pretty loud, right? Well, a lot of dirtbike riders have confirmed to hear clearly because the audio is pretty loud.
A lot of its verified users have confirmed the audio quality is better than other brands. If you are familiar with Beats headphones, the audio quality is pretty much similar.
And if your friends have their units from other brands, the motorcycle Bluetooth headset will pair just fine. Thanks to its universal pairing feature. It has a wide range with the auto-reconnect feature. If someone from your group drops out of range, it will reconnect automatically without a glitch when within the range.
In addition to easy installation, you will find the clamp system pretty useful when you have to move to the upgraded helmet. Yes, it fits almost every latest helmet. For your gloved hands, it has larger controls to make the controlling easier.
In addition to the secure and firm mount, it comes with a powerful battery. The battery has an easy charging feature. Without unplugging the speakers or mic, you can remove it from the helmet or charge it on the helmet. Very convenient!
People who have experience of using other brands for several years have recommended this because of its great performance and they consider it as the best motorcycle Bluetooth headset for music.
More Features & Pros
- Comes with all the necessary parts to fit every helmet type like full-face, modular, and open face helmet.
- The intercom range is 1.2 Miles.
- Completely hands-free operation. Make and receive phone calls, listen to your music, have GPS navigation easily as you have never experienced before. Thanks to its advanced Bluetooth v4.0 technology!
- Features boom microphone with advanced noise cancellation technology. And it supports any Bluetooth brands that your friends may have.
- Very loud and explosive sound. You can still hear everything even if you are going at a 95mph speed on the highway.
- Many have confirmed that the battery life and sound quality is better than other prominent brands.
- Affordable price.
- Incredible customer service. Their representatives know their product really well!
- Some find the bigger controls a little bit difficult to control. People were expecting a little more intuitive controls.
- Have issues of connection drop intermittently.
FODSPORTS M1-S Pro
If you can’t afford the Cardo or SENA, this is for you as the best budget motorcycle Bluetooth headset. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not cheap. But it’s within your budget and you will get almost 99% benefits of all high-end units I reviewed above. It’s a low profile unit, so suitable for any full-face helmet. Already recommended by hundreds of happy users.
Just to give you an idea about its performance, some riders tied the intercom system for 6 to 7 hours at a distance of 300 to 400 yards without any loss continuously. On a modular helmet, lots of motorbike riders have found exceptional quality at a speed of 60 MPH with a boom.
You will still get exceptional volume at a speed of 80+ MPH on the highway. Yes, there will be a little wind noise. All the voice command, music quality, and GPS navigation command are simply great. If you are out of the range, it will disconnect but will connect automatically when within the range.
Even without no windshield and the visor up, you won’t have any noise issue if you go 50 MPH. Pairing to other phones is pretty simple and you will have surprisingly good quality sound. Many riders have confirmed those facts after they have tried it for months!
You will find it highly useful for your mountain biking too. In such an adverse environment, you will have a clear conversation with your group members. If you are a solo rider, you can listen to your favorite podcast and make phone calls to your family members without any hassle.
If you compare the sound quality, connectivity, and battery life with other motorcycle Bluetooth headsets, it’s great! The straightforward installation in any helmet is fairly easy. And yes, it is compatible with other intercom systems from other brands. Check the manual if you need to connect it with other brands.
More Features of FODSPORTS M1-S Pro
- 8-ways excellent intercom feature lets to have rider to rider motorcycle communication.
- Several mounting options, so no matter what type of helmet you got, you can still use the motorcycle Bluetooth headset. Features hard and soft mic. Choose the hard mic option for the open-face helmet and the soft mic version for the full-face helmet.
- Reduced noises for both incoming and outgoing calls. Thanks to its CVC technology. You will love its hands-free operation. Just one button to control everything!
- Latest Bluetooth technology (version 4.1).
- With gloves on, you can still feel the buttons for easier control.
- Love to wear earplugs? You will still have enough volume.
- Rechargeable 900mAh powerful battery (1-week standby time and 20 hours of operating time). Micro USB charging feature.
- Dust-proof and water-resistant. It can be used in any weather condition.
Cons of M1-S Pro
- Separate microphone is somewhat not a convenient feature. You will have to find a separate place to mount it.
Best Bluetooth Headset For Motorcycle Helmet Buying Guide
The need is very different among riders. You may want to talk to your family members while making long-rides, or you may just want to have intercom conversation among your friends. Some riders just want to listen to music.
Depending on your needs, you should make your choice. As a rule of thumb, I would pick the one that as has great reviews and that is within my budget. Look at the following consideration factors to understand what you should be checking:
- Budget & Cost
Such units are available at a price range of $50 to $500. If you want a durable one with all the modern features, you should have a minimum budget of $200. However, if you just want the basic features of Bluetooth headsets like receiving and making phone calls and you have a tight budget, a $50 unit will do.
But keep in mind that, you should not expect to have the best Bluetooth motorcycle headset for music with such a low budget.
- User Reviews
This is the most effective way to get the true picture of a unit you want to buy. You will get to know how well all the features work and if there are any problems, you will know too.
- Support For Multiple Riders
Usually, these Bluetooth headsets support up to 4-way connection. But if you find one that has more connection, that’s great.
- Music sharing
Not just streaming music, the headset should be able to share music with your riders group too.
- Audio Quality
There will be wind, noise from other vehicles, and don’t forget the exhaust pipe of your own vehicle. So there is no alternative to the loud and great audio quality when you have to make long rides.
I reviewed some of these units and their sound quality is great. The other person on the phone won’t know you are talking while riding the bike.
In addition to excellent audio quality, you should be looking at how efficiently it can cancel noise as well. If it can block out the noise efficiently, it will increase the sound quality immediately.
- Hands-free Operation
For your uninterrupted riding experience, the voice command feature is a must. You will have your gloves on while riding, so it will be problematic for you to control the buttons or jog wheel. Besides, you should be able to get your GPS guidance totally hands-free.
I have reviewed some of them that come with buttons. These are still okay since they support voice command as well.
- Connection Range
For intercom communication with your fellow riders, this is an important technical issue that you should look out for. So, the unit should cover at least a decent distance, right? Well, what I have reviewed above has a great range. More so, the connection should be automatically reestablished if the signal lost for some reason.
It goes beyond saying that it has to be waterproof. Consider the rain, storm, and other bad weather condition. The motorcycle Bluetooth headset you are looking for should be working perfectly fine under such conditions and it should survive for long term use.
If you spend a decent amount of money on your headset, you do want it to last for a couple of years. Unless it will be a loss project. Apart from sturdy construction, check the materials used to make it and in which country it is made.
- Ease of Use
The great user-friendly model will make it operating easier. You should be able to install it on your helmet without any trouble. More so, make sure it has a mounting clamp or other parts to install it all the latest helmets.
I did not review any of these units, but having a video recording camera is a great thing to have. Imagine you have recorded every little bit of your journey. Now, make a time-lapse video. It will make your journey more complete.
You should be able to have GPS guidance through it. That way you don’t have to look at the mobile screen constantly.
- Battery Life
The life of the battery plays a great role to make your long rides complete. With several days of standby time, the charge of the battery should last for at least 10 to 12 hours for voice conversation and more hours for music. How fast the battery gets fully charged is also another considering factor.
If you have a decent budget, you should be able to pick the best motorcycle Bluetooth headset for music from the above headsets that I have reviewed. However, if you ask me which one should you pick, I would say – Sena. Things can’t go wrong when it is trusted by thousands of hundreds of riders.