Last updated: January 6, 2020 By Arvin Reynold
Having the best motorcycle helmet under 100 to 200 dollars can save your life even from the deadliest road accidents. They are often the final line of defense to any biker as they protect the vital part of your body, your head.
By protecting you during an impact, thus they prevent or reduce head injury and save the rider’s life. Other models offer additional features such as face shields, ventilation, intercom, ear protection, etc.
Table of Contents
- 1 Recommended Best Motorcycle Helmet Under 100 To 200
- 1.1 10 Best Motorcycle Helmet Under 100 to 200 Dollars Reviews
- 1.2 Best Motorcycle Helmet Under 200 Dollars
- 1.2.1 FreedConn Flip up
- 1.2.2 CRAZY AL’S Low Profile
- 1.2.3 Ultra Low Profile Beanie
- 1.2.4 BILT Raptor
- 1.2.5 SEDICI Sistema
Recommended Best Motorcycle Helmet Under 100 To 200
It’s a long article covering every little detail that you need to know. But if you need to save time, the following comparison table will be a tremendous help to you.
Among all the 10 most popular but cheap bike helmets, I have listed them chronologically based on their popularity. Yes, you will have a detailed review on each of them after the comparison table.
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
LS2 Stream Helmet
||View On Amazon|
Triangle Dual Visor Helmet
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
IV2 Motorcycle Helmet
||View On Amazon|
Now that you have the brief comparisons of the best of my recommended ones, it’s time to have a detailed review on them. You should read these reviews to have a complete picture.
Because buying one of them be a daunting task if you don’t know exactly what you want. They come in various sizes, styles, shapes and have been developed particularly to cater to even the vaguest riding needs.
Gone are those days you just have to select the color and size. With technology, safety and style pushing the limits, helmet development has continued to advance. The following are some of the main motorbike helmets you need to know about.
10 Best Motorcycle Helmet Under 100 to 200 Dollars Reviews
Each of the following motorcycles is the most popular and I have written reviews mainly based on user reviews. That way you will have the actual picture. All of them are inexpensive and within your budget. All of them have already saved so many lives!
Bell Qualifier Unisex
This is my number 1 recommended best road bike helmet under 100 to 200 dollars because of its huge popularity. It’s available in multiple colors and sizes, so yes it is perfect for everyone – men & women.
Apart from sturdy but lightweight construction, it is recommended as the anti-fog, anti-scratch, and UV protected solution for you.
The lightweight Polycarbonate/ABS Shell construction ensures the utmost safety for you against the deadliest road accidents and it has already saved a lot of valuable lives.
No matter at what speed you ride a bike but the padded wind collar will make sure that no wind noise can create an issue for you.
Everyone loves it because it is so comfortable. The clear visor raises and lowers, and more importantly, you can completely take it off if you wish. The top 2 vents and the chin vent is adjustable meaning you can close or open it.
However, you can’t adjust the backflow vents. But rest assured, you should not have any doubt about its comfortability.
More Features & Pros of Bell Qualifier
- Available in multiple colors like Airtrix Battle, Green, Machine Black & pink combo, Machine white & black combo, Momentum Black, etc.
- Suitable for every head sizes like small, medium, Large, X – Large, 2X – Large, XXX-Large and so on.
- DOT, ECE, AS Certified. In case you don’t know, DOT certification is for the U.S.A market and ECE is required for the European Market. I see a lot of confusion about whether it is Snell approved or not. Nope, it is not!
- Comes with the shield. It is scratch resistant but the clear visor is NOT.
- Apart from the motorcycle driving, you can use it for many other applications like go-karting.
- Enough space for the earpads, so you can install the Bluetooth as well
- No trouble wearing h glasses.
- Reasonable price for a great quality one that lasts really long.
- Huge recommendations from experienced users.
Cons of Bell Qualifier
- In some cases, you will still face wind noises.
Another popular one recommended by professionals. It has some extra features than the previous one reviewed like dual visors and so on. When you need the modular helmet with dual visor within your budget, its the one!
With so many great features and huge users positive feedback, it’s definitely another motorcycle helmets under 100 dollars that you should consider to have.
You will be amazed by knowing how many lives it has already saved! And without much damage to it! A true lifesaver. Many of these users have confirmed that it is not heavy and you can breathe just like normal without any trouble. Very comfortable. A great alternative to those highly expensive helmets.
Unisex design and lots of color options with multiple sizes have made it suitable for everyone. The build quality is excellent and does not look like any cheap motorcycle helmets.
More Features & Pros of 1Storm
- Huge colors options like Glossy Black, Glossy Blue, Glossy Green, Glossy Orange, Glossy Pink, Glossy Red, Glossy Silver, etc. Suitable for men and women.
- To fit everyone’s head size it comes with multiple sizes like XS(20.9 – 21.3 inches), S(21.7-22 inches), M(22.4-22.8 inches), L(23.2 – 23.6 inches), XL, and XXL sizes. Some experienced users have recommended ordering the next larger size than what you have measured the size of your head.
- DOT certified.
- UV protection. For night riding, the sun shield is retractable.
- For maximum comfort for long hours riding, it has washable and removable padding.
- Lightweight and sturdy Aerodynamic Thermoplastic Alloy Shell construction
- Features dual lenses.
- Removable outer visor.
- You can comfortably use Bluetooth.
- Being full-faced, you should not have any wind issues.
Cons of 1Storm
- Being a modular type, it may feel a little bit heavy.
This one is the most common in the GDM family as it exceeds or meets DOT fmvss-218 motorcycle helmet protection standards.
Its shell is built utilizing an advanced lightweight compound poly-alloy and consists of seven points of ventilation with the washable and removable liner and cheek pads. The DK-120 also features tinted and UV resistant clear and tinted visors.
The brand Duke is situated in Los Angeles and has been offering high-quality motorcycle accessories for various years. Various riding accessories and helmets are not only made for safety and style but also for comfort.
Thus, the sportbike motorcycle helmets do not only look fantastic but also protect riders. Hence, the key reason the company has been focusing more of its energy in producing key products that come with the greatest safety ratings.
- Safety – When you buy the DK-120, you are assured of getting a reliable, safe, and full-face helmet that is of high-quality. Besides, it is built and produced by following strict safety guidelines having undergone some of the globe’s harshest testing. It makes sure that every time the biker slips on it is rest assured of having the best protection!
- Lightweight – It entails an aerodynamic shell design having been produced utilizing advanced and modern lightweight composite poly-alloy. With this mixture of lightweight and strength, it means the rider can go for hours without having neck problems at all. Apart from being safe, it is also affordable. Not to forget its great visual looks, with the inclusion of dark black color and sleek lines, it looks fabulous.
- Comfortable Interior – The DK-120 interior features a durable and soft liner with included cheek pads which are constructed from antimicrobial and hypo-allergenic nylon. The great thing about the pads and liners is that they are fully removable so that you can get them out to wash and reinstall.
- Sun Safety and Protection – Due to its flush-it, the side-coverless face is great and offers maximum protection. The face shields of DK-120 have compound curves and is optically accurate with the features that are scratch-resistant defying daily fatigue and protecting the wearer against dangerous and harsh UV-rays.
- The added Vision – DK-120 has a bonus tinted visor which the biker can exchange with the standard clear visor. It doesn’t matter the weather that the biker is facing, they will have a visor that suits them.
- Ventilation and Air Flow – These full-face types have been built with five distinct points of ventilation situated in various parts of it. These ventilation points are situated on the rear, chin and forehead indicating that you will often get enough airflow via the helmet when riding. Before its release, extensive testing was done to determine locations of the best airflow and vents size to offer the wearer with maximum comfort.
- Different Sizes: Available in multiple sizes like small, medium, large, X large, XX-large, etc.
It’s visors make an annoying shrill sound in high speeds and do fog up on the highway. Also, it has a bad safety buckle design while the place to insert the strap is a bit lose.
IV2 Matte Black
The Matte Black model meets and goes beyond the DOT necessities (FMVSS.218) and consists of a fiber-reinforced, and ABS thermoplastic composite shell, that has EPS impact foam.
Its ventilation system has changeable steel dual D-Rings and buttoned chin strap offering all-around cooling. It entails extra smoke visor and cushioned comfortable interior that comes with removable cheek padding for simple cleaning.
If you are looking for a decent quality of cheap long distance motorcycle helmets, that’s the one.
Following are part of the key features:
- Streamline Design that minimizes wind noise.
- EPS Impact Absorption Internal Liner.
- Detachable and Washable Cheek Pads.
- Stainless Steel “double” D-Rings Strap.
- DOT Certified, and non-removable graphic on the back.
- Comes with FREE Smoked visor and clear visor.
- Matte Black (Full Face) Helmet.
- Well Vented Transmission Vents.
- Ventilation System gives sufficient airflow.
- Lightweight ABS Composite Shell.
- Sweat Absorbing Interior Liner.
- Quick Release Visor Apparatus.
- Available in multiple sizes like small, medium, large, X Large, XX-Large.
This one works great, and when not using the smoked visor, it provides enough space to wear sunglasses. The visors swap out easily, and the vents work well. It’s a great helmet for beginners due to its basic features and is also affordable. It is an apparatus which can withstand a fall, and its padding makes it comfortable when riding and also fits well.
It has wind noise, and the chin strap is a bit difficult to use. Also, does not have advanced graphics or features while its vents are not well designed – they are little flimsy and small. Its color also comes out easily on small impact.
ILM (Comes with Removable Winter Neck Scarf)
The ILM budget motorcycle helmet is among those highly adored by bikers. This is due to the alluring features and wonderful overall look of the helmet. It’s your ultimate choice to have a removable winter neck scarf and two Visors.
It comes in three sizes; medium, large and extra-large size and you can get it in various colors. The shell of it is durable since it is being constructed of the sturdy ABS which is also lightweight. Due to its streamlined design, the ILM has lesser chances of noise or wind disturbing the rider.
It has the following features:
- Comes with two visors, clear and smoked and one neck scarf for use during winter.
- Simple to use Quick Release Strap.
- Streamline design that reduces wind noise.
- Advanced durable and lightweight ABS shell.
- Meets and surpasses FMVSS-218 + DOT Safety Standards.
- Many users love its two face shields and with the helmet also being fabulous. Its features are great and also affordable for everyone. It is beautiful and stylish with little vents and removable neck protector. Besides, it can survive various drops and protects the rider.
It gets scratched easily, and the shield is not of high quality being made from a cheap piece of plastic. Thus, when driving in the sun, glare makes difficult for someone to see.
When riding, the shield does not hold up firmly and flops down easily. It feels light and is not shaped very well. It also passes more cold air making the face of the rider to freeze.
The LS2 Stream Snake has a built-in twin shield mechanism that protects the eyes of the rider from the sun. It retracts with the switch flip while the quick release strap is simple to release.
The technical fabric liner can be removed and washed at ease hence you can keep it fresh always. It meets and exceeds ECE/DOT requirements.
It is comfortable and has cut down the wind noise. It is a good job of great design. The paint is quality, and the finish is nice and durable. Operating its visors is easy, smooth and comfortable.
The visor lift and drop system operates well and is not vulnerable to premature failure or wear over time. This helmet has adequate ventilation while moving and does a good job with a flip-down sun shield which is nice and thick.
It is also easy to wear and also light due to its matte titanium color which is beautiful. Its graphics are fantastic, and every rider will love its padding, visor, vents and sun visor. Despite its many features, it is affordable to everyone and is also steady at great speeds.
It has replacement visors while its sunshade doesn’t flip over bumps. It has sufficient space for the Bluetooth kit, and all the pads can be removed and washed.
When lowering or raising the clear shield, there is no simpler way to do that without closing the chin vent. The lever on its side does not get the visor down far adequately. Also, its visor fogs up a bit easier when at high speeds or during cold weather.
Triangle Full Face Model
The triangle full-face helmet is DOT approved and comes with an advanced ABS shell that applies thermoplastic technology to ensure high pressure. It has a Multi-Density EPS liner and ventilation mechanism that consist of top & rear extractor liner. Also, it has removable DVS and double PC anti-scratch which ensures a fast change mechanism.
Its major features include:
- Comfortable laser-cut pad.
- Dry comfort with hygienic treatment.
- Double PC anti-scratch visor + removable DVS treatment (with quick-change mechanism system).
- Fully removable, washable & anti-bacterial interior liner.
- A padded chin strap and quick release buckle.
- DOT – FMVSS NO.218 Certified.
- ABS Shell Exterior with two EPS interior Protection.
- Net Weights – 3.2 lbs / 1450 grams.
- Dimensions – 13.5 x 10 x 11 Inches.
- Available in multiple sizes like small, medium, large, X Large.
The overall design is great and has a nice looking. Its wind buffeting and weight are Ok, as it is not very light to get affected by wind while too heavy to become cumbersome for long rides.
In addition to its affordable price, it has professional design and graphics and has features that you can only find inexpensive helmets.
Its windscreen is adjustable without problems by using the control button which is beneath it. Its padded chin strap has a fast release feature whereby numerous clients have found it impressive.
The chin normally comes out, and space, where the ears lie in the helmet, is a bit far; approximately 0.5″. That makes the rider uncomfortable around the ears. It can also be noisy, and its sun visor does not cover the lower part fully.
The HJC CL-17 is lightweight due to using Advanced Polycarbonate Composite Shell, comfort and superior features as a result of using advanced CAD technology.
Its 3D Anti-Scratch Pinlock design and side protection lock mechanism offer 95 percent U.V. shield. This helmet also comes with the ultimate Anti-Fog system and alternative Pinlock insert that is sold separately.
Its Rapid-fire Shield Replacement mechanism provides secure and simple shield ratchet that gives tool-less removal, ultra-quick and installation for efficient operation. ACS advanced system of channeling ventilation offers the whole front to back airflow and humidity up and out.
Other features of HJC CL-17 include:
- Super Cool Moisture-Wicking Interior.
- Fully removable cheek pads & liner.
- Anti-Bacterial Fabric.
- Various interchangeable sizes of cheek pads.
- Available in multiple colors like Anthracite, Matte Black, Black, Silver, White, Wine etc.
- Suitable for all as it comes in different sizes like small, medium, Large, X-Large, XX-Large, 4 X
It looks clean and awesome, and its decals in front and back can be removed if the rider desires so. It’s a great choice for those who don’t want to buy XXL but searching for a helmet that can fit them. You will also love the matte black, which is classic and cool.
After cruising for many miles, it still fits well and the airflow is sufficient that the shield stops fogging while riding. The helmet exceeds both SNELL and DOT standards, and its ventilation is great. It has no reported noise issues even at high speeds and remains well ventilated even during summer weather.
Its visor sticks a little, and the shield pops off and on easily. It has many vents that are only friendly during warmth weather, and the chin strap is not much comfortable.
Daytona with Head Wrap and Draw String Bag
This novelty helmet has a forward-positioned retention system (Nylon Y-Strap) that has a sliding adjuster to make fine adjustments. It does not tamper with rider’s ears having the exterior seams and that have no facial chaffing.
It’s one of the greatest cheap bike helmets and it is suitable for all. Comes in multiple sizes and colors. Perfect for everyone with a limited budget
Below are key features:
- Quick Release Lock – with one finger release lever which is used for easy detachment.
- Custom formed interior providing maximum comfort.
- Moisture-wicking fabric keeps your head more comfortable and cooler.
- Nickel Plated (Rolled Tubular) Steel Rivets.
- Lock On Edging – for that great look.
- Soft Touch (Dull Black) Finish.
Does not offer maximum protection and its back bottom that flares out is not a preference to many.
LS2 Open Face Model
It comes with a built-in twin shield system with the sunscreen being a key feature. When it gets hot, the rider can push the shield to get some air when filling the tank or when stopped. The face shield is accurate optically and can flip up and out when necessary.
The peripheral vision is special and permits you to view the world without ordinary obstacles found in other helmets. The LS2 Track 569 shield system engages and retracts easily and smoothly with an improved and new slider mechanism.
It is also easy to operate even when using a gloved hand while the release chin strap makes things effortless to get things intermittently.
The key features of LS2 Track 569 include:
- Open face ¾ design provides protection when combined with a broad field of visibility to prevent that claustrophobic feeling.
- The twin shield system makes it simple to control the amount of light and air at the push of the button.
- This is DOT approved giving you enough security above your head.
- Wholly adjustable flow-through ventilation provides control over the aspects.
- Lightweight KPA (Kinetic Polymer Alloy) shell caters and goes beyond both ECE and DOT standards.
The LS2 Track 569 features are built with 3D Optically Correct Polycarbonate (A Class). The space-age polymer has great resistance to effect and to eliminate the distortion that provides optimum clarity.
They ensure maximum protection, the LS2 Track 569 system has ensured the apparatus fits your head to precision, while the special attention paid to materials and shell design optimizes the influence of maximum safety. It fits well when put in your head from inside to outside. In addition to the shell, the EPS liner configuration matches closely with the human head shape.
The entire LS2 Track 569 come with a dynamic ventilation flow. Its vented EPS and complete adjustable intake ports operate with exhaust ports and rear spoiler to form a steady light flow of air keeping the rider cool and comfortable.
The clamp part is not easily moved due to the tight rubber piece that runs across the bottom edge. Its sunshade makes it wider which is not necessary. Also, its front top vents do not allow much air, and the wind noise is also noticeable.
Best Motorcycle Helmet Under 200 Dollars
Let’s check the following comparison table first. I will review each of these next.
|1||FreedConn Full Face Helmet||Full Face||9/10|
|2||CRAZY AL'S Helmet||Low profile||8.5/10|
|3||Ultra Low Profile Beanie||Low profile||8/10|
|4||BILT Raptor Helmet||Full Face||7.8/10|
FreedConn Flip up
A super-advanced model from the FreedConn with all the latest technology like Bluetooth and so on. With incredible craftsmanship (super shiny!), it’s an elegant addition for your motorcycle gear. I have never experienced such a clear visor that is so easy to open and close before this.
You can get it under $200 but this is not a cheap motorcycle helmet. Still, you should seriously consider having this one. Let me explain more why.
In addition to all the features of a high-end model, FreedConn really did a great job with the Bluetooth function. It’s really easy to charge and connect between devices. Works great as an intercom. The sound quality of the voice and music is really awesome.
If you need to switch between helmet to helmet or from music to voice, you find the Bluetooth really easy. At first, you will need some trying but once you get used to it, it is really easy.
The size runs smaller, so keep this point in your mind while ordering it. They have a nice chart for the head size, so should not be problematic. Lots of its happy buyers have confirmed to have a snug fit.
The front face of the modular helmet opens without any problem and its easy mechanism. Also, the front-part locks really well; you will enjoy it when you use it as a half-face helmet.
Why Should You Buy It?
- Available for all the sizes. Carefully read the head size charge to compare your own.
- Comes in some incredible colors like Matte Black, Gloss Black, White, Red, and Grey. Plus, you can paint it yourself as well.
- The Bluetooth (3.0) can be connected with at least 2 other riders within a range of 1640 feet. Let me remind you again, it’s basically three-man paring, but only the two of you can talk at the same time.
- Comes with the rechargeable battery.
- One control button for all the GPS navigations, listening to music and radio, talking to your buddies, etc. The Bluetooth connects to almost any device. Some confirmed devices are Samsung phone, iPhone, iPad, etc.
- Removable cheek pads are very easy to clean.
- DOT approved; you can ride with confidence anywhere around the U.S.A.
- Minimal wind noise.
- All the spare parts like the visor are easily available. So many positive feedbacks from fellow motorcyclists. There are so many repeated buyers as well.
- Great salesmanship! You face any trouble (maybe it’s not fitting well), just contact them. They are so friendly and professional.
Cons of FreedConn
Loot at these below-mentioned cons. I think you should know them before you make up your mind.
- Like almost all of them, the face shield fogs up if you ride very early in the morning.
- Poor ventilation.
- Not a tinted visor.
CRAZY AL’S Low Profile
If you are desperately looking for a really low profile helmet that won’t make your head look like a mushroom, this is for you. You should seriously look nowhere else except this one.
I love low profile one for a very specific reason; it won’t catch the air! The feeling is something like you are riding without wearing any helmet but with perfect protection for your head is there! You like the half helmet and you don’t like mushroom head, this is for you.
Being seriously a true half helmet, it is the lightest one as well. You have never seen a smaller one like this one. The chin strap is great and it releases quickly; which is really a big issue for me. With a small shell, it won’t look ridiculous on your head.
The big plus about this one is that you will feel really comfortable. A lot of fellow riders have confirmed it. I encourage you to read their reviews as well when you decide to buy it. A well-constructed helmet that worths every penny!
The easy buckle mechanism is really impressive; so easy to wear it. It’s really easy to unlatch it but won’t come off during any crash. Give it a try and you will be impressed too.
With all the impressive work and finish, it looks really cool. And you can get it under 200 dollars.
Features of CRAZY AL’S
- Lots of sizes available but comes in the only color only: pure black. No matter what shape of your head is – it will fit perfectly.
- Surprisingly lightweight; even the largest size weighs only a little over 1.5 pounds.
- DOT certified; so perfectly safe for you and all of your family members. Remember, you can get it for your kids too. It has the smallest size!
- So durable; lots of people have been wearing it for years.
- You can wear your goggles.
- Very stylish look; no more goofy look!
- No pulling by the air no matter how fast you ride. It sits so low on your head; there will be absolutely zero pullings.
- Perfectly suitable for riding during the hot summer. No heat inside of the helmet. You will experience a new level of comfort during your ride.
- People really bad experiences with all those half helmets really appreciate it’s quality and functionalities.
- Great customer service. Even if you got the wrong size or have any problem, just contact them and be amazed.
Cons of CRAZY AL’S
- Have some complaints about being so expensive.
- Some people did not like the metal buckle. Also, have some complaints about the straps not being so heavy-duty.
Ultra Low Profile Beanie
As you can from the name and the image, it’s a low profile helmet. People who have mushroom heads, this is a great one to consider for themselves. It’s ultra-lightweight and comfortable (I really mean it!).
Highly recommended for those motorcyclists who have to ride under the scorching heat for the maximum feel of the air. It’s short and covers not more than half of your head. It fits well, so you are safe.
A lot of people like the ultra-low-profile helmet to feel the maximum comfort while riding. It’s available in multiple sizes, no matter what’s your head size is, it will snug fit for sure.
About the size, I need to tell you something. Of course, you should check the sizing chart first. But keep in mind that, while new it snug fit extremely. But after a few rides, the tight-fitting will relax.
They did a great job with the adjustable straps. It features a quick-release so that you can easily remove it.
The price is also reasonable. You can get it as low as under 200 dollars but not below $100.But still, it’s a great helmet that money can buy.
Features of Ultra Low Profile Beanie
- Available in all sizes like small, medium, large, X-Large, XX-Large. Check the sizing chart and measure your head. If you need to have the smallest or largest size, no need to look anywhere else!
- Comes with a removable visor.
- DOT approved. Meets DOT FMVSS no. 218 standards.
- Made from fiber glasses to absorb the maximum impact and durability.
- Very easy to clean; use plain water only.
- Made in China but designed in North America.
- Available only in one color.
Cons of Ultra Low Profile Beanie
- The visor does not work great to block the sun. Some motorcyclists have confirmed it.
- Sometimes the straps do not work great.
Ultra-modern design with all the latest features. In your local store, they will charge you more than $350+, but you can get this Raptor as low as under 200 dollars.
You can comfortably wear it for a day-long ride and you won’t feel any neck pain or any fatigue. Let me explain why.
It looks like a heavy one, but it is not. In fact, it is very lightweight and only a few full-face helmets can have this sort of lightweight. It’s really quiet, you won’t hear any noise.
More importantly, the ventilation is really great. The radical aerodynamic shape ensures no air pulling. The dual tinted visor ensures perfect protection from the scorching sun and other objects that may hamper the riding.
Because of the dual-visor, you do not need to wear any sunglasses. In reality, the internal visor is really dark. You won’t find this feature in many high-end helmets. The quick-release face shield is a big plus. What more do you need to have a comfortable one?
So far I have discussed all the greatest features of this helmet, but how about its basic job? I mean how good it is to ensure your safety? Well, it’s DOT approved so you do not have much to worry. Besides, it already saved some riders from the deadly crash. So, you can confidently ride your motorcycle.
It fits perfectly irrespective of the shape and size of your head. From small to extra-large, they got all the sizes. You have nothing to worry if you get the wrong size. Just contact them and they will send you the ride size.
Like the sizes, it comes in a wide variety of colors as well like black, matte black, white as well.
Overall, it has some great reviews and appreciation from a wide range of riders. Considering the price, you should keep it on your list to consider.
This is the last motorcycle helmet under 200 dollars that I am gonna cover. It’s been a while since it’s in the market. But within a very short period of time, it’s reputation among the riders is really awesome.
For long-distance riding where you do not want the wind to be any problem, this will be a true friend to yourself. Significantly less wind noise with the best wind protection so far a helmet has to offer.
About the noise; so many riders have confirmed that its’ noise cancellation is way better than so many other brands in the market.
I love the fact that you can completely detach the front part of it; all you have to do just push the button. And the built-in sunglass to protect you from the gun is just great. It features the quick release for the face shield as well.
Its’ KEVLAR construction has made it super lightweight yet super strong. Perfect to protect you from any deadly accidents. It’s DOT approved, so they have got all of your safety issues covered.
You will be paying a good sum of money to have it, so it needs to be durable. Let me assure you it will be a durable one for you. Its anti-scratched face shield also has a built-in anti-fogging system.
From extra small to extra large, it has all the sizes and comes with some cool colors like matte black, fluoro yellow, and pure black/white.
Look, I know none of them is beyond any flaws. Yes, it has some too like you may find the shield to open a little bit difficult and during the summer, you may find it makes you uncomfortable more. Although so many have confirmed the ventilation system is as great as other quality models.
But still, it’s a great modular helmet out there and you should consider about having this.
Types Of Cheap Motorcycle Helmets
Depending on your need, you need a different kind of helmet. There are lots of types of them out there. Here are some common types.
- Full-face helmets – These cover your entire face, and due to that, they offer the maximum protection as compared to others. Most full-face biker helmets can swap out visors during night riding or sunny day, and most come with multiple ventilation openings to permit airflow as you find it fitting.
- Modular – It looks almost the same as full-face although it’s a combination of open-face and full-face. The helmet has a front visor and chin-guard that flips up exposing your whole face. While they may not provide the optimum protection as compared to the full-face because of their flip mechanisms, they still provide a huge amount of safety for every rider. Some of these kinds of helmets permit the rider to get rid of this full front piece and refit it as needed. Other modular models also entail separate visors utilized when the front piece is flipped up to protect the rider from the glaring sun and giving sufficient airflow.
- 3/4 or Open-face – They cover the head fully and most parts of the cheek and chin area for nearly all motorcycle riders. They also offer a great deal of protection and safety while still offering comfort in hot weather. Most of these helmets still provide ventilation options whereby some have attachable shields, adding more protection and comfort. If interested in open-face helmets that do not entail a face shield, ensure you grab some goggles or sunglasses since some states require wrap-around eyewear as per the law.
- Half-helmets – They cover the whole top of the head and usually wrap all or parts of the ears for most riders. Despite the fact that they may not provide great security as compared with other helmets, they are still DOT certified and are tested in detail by the Federal Government Department of Transportation to make sure they offer optimum safety for riders. Most of them have a small visor at the frontal area for blocking some incoming sun.
- Motocross & ATV – These are designed particularly for off-road riding on ATVs and dirt bikes. They cover the whole head including the chin and don’t have any form of the visor; hence it is recommendable for the rider to constantly wear a sturdy set of goggles. They are lightweight and are also designed to offer safety. Like other types, they come in various sizes, and there are those used by younger/inexperienced and children.
Buyers Guide To Pick The Best Bike Helmet Under $100 to $200
You care about your motorcycle so much. You have bought the motorcycle cover to keep it dry and dust-free; now it’s time to protect yourself. The whole point of buying a motorbike helmet is to protect yourself. Speed motorbike riding without it is simply foolish and it is just a matter of time when you are gonna end up being dead after a deadly crash.
The strongest, solid and long distance motorcycle helmet can protect your head up to 95%. Wearing a solid one will ensure your safety greatly. Do not be an irresponsible biker.
But how do you know which one is the strongest and solid one?
A lot of facts you need to consider before you buy it if you want the strongest one. Read the following determining factors that make it strong and solid.
DOT and SNEL Certification
This is the primary thing that you must notice. DOT and SNEL certification ensure that all the safety measures are met in a helmet. DOT (Department of Transportation) is common to almost any of them. It requires only the minimum safety requirements.
Whereas, certification from SNEL is really tough. And it is no common, you won’t see this corticated to all helmets. To obtain this, any brand must go through a rigorous and stringent testing/ examination process. Only very few of the top quality helmet brands achieve this certificate.
Head Size, Fit, And Comfort
For the long riders, this is very important that it fits the shape of the head perfectly. Most riders don’t like to wear their helmets just because it does not fit their head, hence they don’t feel comfortable.
Take the measure of your head seriously before you buy your helmet. If you buy it online, then check the fit immediately. If it does not fit comfortably and snugly, immediately return it to get the replacement. Here is a video on how you can pick the right size always!
Straight & Side wide Visibility
Not just the road ahead of you, it should let you clearly see other vehicles nearby you, especially any vehicles that are beside you. Features like shields and goggles are great to have in a helmet. They will let you see more clearly and protect your eyes from insects on the roadside.
Helmet and Aerodynamics
While a snug fit is important but there should be a great ventilation system as well in the helmet. In a nutshell, it should not resist the wind greatly. Only a little resistance is allowed. People call it the Aerodynamics feature.
You need to breathe freely and inhale clean oxygen while driving at full speed. Unless it has an advanced ventilation system, you will find it very exhaustive and feel fatigued while driving.
Unless your helmet has great airflow, it will create heat exhaustion while you drive in hot weather. The bad smell of your own sweat will be unbearable. Not a great situation to drive in the summer.
Too many holes for the vent is also not a good idea. So much noise will enter inside it and may distract you. So, the number of inlet and ventilation port is important if you need a cool but strong helmet.
Strongest Outer Shell
Against deadly motorbike accidents, the outer shell acts a proactive measure against any deadly accidents. Most companies use the thermoplastics for the outer shell. In some cases, they use fiber-reinforced composites as well. This is your first line of defense gains any accidents.
So, you need to pay attention to the quality of materials used to make the outer shell.
You definitely want to look cool while riding your motorcycle. It plays a great role to define how cool you look while driving. It does not make any difference in the effectiveness of the helmet, but this is something you do not want to overlook.
So pay close attention to the design and aesthetics. Some riders add the personalized sticker to make it even cooler which you can do later.
Inner-liner and Chinstrap/Retention System
The inner liner acts as the impact absorbent. You have seen it in the box to protect the fragile items. God forbid but if you are in a collision, the inner liner will act as a lifesaver taking all the shock to itself. That way it protects the front side of your head from getting severe damage due to the impact.
Sadly, the inner-liner needs to be replaced after each collision. Because it becomes ineffective after only shock only.
The cheek pads are great to prevent neck strain. Neck strain will be common if there are no cheek pads. In addition to providing comfort, it acts as a safety measure as well. During any major or minor collision, it will prevent the helmet to come off and give support to your head and face.
Bluetooth, speaker, microphone, etc. are common to almost every gadget. A beginner motorcycle helmet is of no difference. With a little bit of higher price, you can get the best motorcycle helmet under 200 dollars with such features.
Do you really need them?
Personally, I would say no. They will distract your mind while driving and may lead to accidents. But if you insist and want to keep communion all the time, you can have these features.
This is not just about the price; most people first look at the price of everything. This is unfortunate. When it comes to any safety gear, the consideration for the price should come at last.
However, buying an expensive helmet does not mean it is of higher quality and super active to protect yours against accidents. You need to make a balance here. You can’t compromise the quality of it, but you should not break your bank account either.
As you have seen the above motorcycle helmet reviews, there is plenty of best motorcycle helmet under 200 or 100 dollars.
It’s always good to have some warranty to anything. If it comes with a warranty, that’s really cool. If something bad happens to it or it does not fit or meet your expectation, you can return it under such warranty.
Since it is meant to protect your head, it should fit well without easily dropping on impact.
Measure a number of times to ensure you get the right outcomes and get identical results various times. Having someone to assist will also help since when riding you want something that is comfortable and that fits correctly.
Some Best Motorcycle Helmet Under 200 Brands
Apart from the above motorcycle helmet reviews, there are some other popular brands. I think you should know about them as well. So, here are brief discussions about such popular brands.
Shoei: This is a Tokyo based brand and they are popular worldwide, not just in the U.S.A. Their innovative technology has made it a global leader in manufacturing full-face models. Producing the strongest but lightest helmets are their thing!
Bell: Popular for manufacturing the safest helmets. Most of their models are DOT and SNELL approved. They are first to innovate the full-face motorcycle. The incredible ventilation system and comfortable interiors had made them popular among bikers.
KBC: Their helmets are particularly popular among young bikers. They are new in the market but gained huge popularity over the last 20 years. They basically go for the DOT certification, so their models are approved in all the state of the USA. Since their main target is the young bikers segment, the design is somewhat exclusive and out of the box.
HJC: Since 1971, they have been manufacturing helmets for all aged bikers. From low priced to expensive, they have covered them all. They give high importance to safety issues. In fact, they have their own lab to test the ventilation, impact absorption, and noise cancellation capacity.
AGV: As a biker, you have heard the name of this brand. A famous Italian brand. Like Shoei, AGA is also a global brand and their models are popular among so many countries. In addition to the helmet, they also manufacture the motorcycle leather seats. They are both DOT and ECE certified.
Arai: Another Japanese brand. This brand is even older than the Shoei. They claim to manually sculpt their helmets to make it distinguished and safest. That’s the reason their models are SNELL certified. Comfort to wear and great ventilation functionality is their main appealing point to bikers.
Nolan: Another famous Italian brand and they are particularly recognizable for producing the safest helmets. Irrespective of design, bikers who only care about the full safety, they just love it. Particularly popular in the EU. Their models meet both the DOT and SNELL certification for the utmost safety.
Shark: The men who have started this brand were actually professional racers! They have more than 5000 retail outlets around the world and particularly doing great in Europe. The design is the state of the art and they put great emphasis on safety measures as well.
Frequently Asked Question: FAQ
When it comes to safety, there should be a lot of questions, I know that. By now, you definitely understand why you need the strongest motorcycle helmet, but there may be some questions in your mind that are not answered clearly. In this section, I will try to cover most of such questions. Stay with me!
The above reviewed are budget helmets and yes, of course, there are some highly expensive you can try if you have the budget. But all of the above reviewed have also decent quality if you consider their cost. And they have proven their effectiveness during several accidents. Get the best motorcycle helmet under 100 to 200 dollars from any of the above and save your precious life.