Last updated: March 11, 2020 By Arvin Reynold
Technology has changed a lot recently. So if you manage to have the best portable pressure washer with water tank, they will outperform your traditional gas pressure blaster. With impressive PSI and GPM, you can do all of your outdoor cleaning activities in less time hassle-free.
Brands like the Sun Joe, Greenworks, Stanley, etc. have many powerful models. All of them are affordable and the cost is much lower than their gas-powered counterparts. But you can do all of your heavy-duty cleanings, for sure!
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Portable Pressure Washer Comparison Table
- 1.1 Top 7 Portable Power Washer With Tank Reviews 2020
Best Portable Pressure Washer Comparison Table
Depending on various needs, I have reviewed some popular models from prominent brands. Before you read the reviews, take a look at the following comparison table. All of them are recommended by thousands of happy users.
Sun Joe SPX6001C-XR
||View On Amazon|
Sun Joe SPX3000
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
Sun Joe SPX3001
||View On Amazon|
Sun Joe SPX3200
||View On Amazon|
Top 7 Portable Power Washer With Tank Reviews 2020
It’s time to read the most in-depth reviews on each of my recommended units. I sorted them in order of their popularity, features, and durability. Spend some of your precious time so that you won’t regret it later.
Sun Joe SPX6001C-XR
A water tank is crucial in such units if you don’t have a water source nearby you. If you are living in an apartment and you don’t have the option to use a garden hose to clean your car, this is what you need. When you must have decent pressure, and the unit has to be mobile and cordless – Sun Joe SPX6001C-XR should be your ultimate choice.
It’s a real eye-opener for those who need a portable pressure washer with water tank. You will find a lot of these kinds from other brands but almost all of them are just junks. It’s from Sun Joe; so no compromise in quality. It’s aesthetically pleasing to look and it rolls nicely.
If a self-contained water tank is a must for you, you will find almost no alternatives other than this. All you have to do is just fill up the bucket, roll it anywhere you want and do your cleaning job. And of course, it features a hose attachment connect it to a water source (if you have any).
Along with a high-quality hose, it comes with two (2) inlet filters (brass & plastic), and more importantly, it’s lightweight. But don’t forget, it’s an affordable model from Sun Joe; so your expectations should be realistic.
It’s perfect for small jobs like washing your car, RV, deck, cabin, boat, etc. but not heavy-duty tasks like stripping tar or slurry marks.
It comes with a 40-volt powerful battery and it’s powerful enough to wash your car as confirmed by many others. Buy a Sun Joe foam canon to get the full benefit of it. With its Steller build quality and outstanding performance, a lot has already left huge positive reviews and recommendations.
More Features & Pros
- For light cleaning works, it features a 600-watt motor to generate up to 1160 PSI. Depending on your different needs, it features an exclusive pressure select technology so that you can select different PSI easily.
- Once the battery is fully charged, it can run continuously for up to 40-45 minutes. Of course, it comes with the batter and the charger.
- Features a detachable water tank (bucket) with a capacity of 5.3-gallon water. Also, you can connect it to a garden hose for continuous use.
- It comes with all the necessary parts and attachments like a 20-foot long pressure hose, a 34-inch long extension cord, a garden hose adapter, a very useful needle clean-out tool.
- If you want to run hot water through the hose, just keep in mind that the maximum temperature of the water inlet is 104ºF/40ºC.
- Already got huge attention and happy users have recommended it a lot.
- Not a super strong battery.
- Lack of storage compartment for all the attachments.
Sun Joe SPX3000
When you need a quiet and environment-friendly one that can get the job done pretty well, you must have the Sun Joe SPX3000 2030. Of course, it is not as powerful as its gas-powered counterparts, yet it’s powerful enough to get the job done. It is compact and easy to store as well. Perfect to clean your cars and everything!
More importantly, it’s way more inexpensive than its gas-powered counterparts. Although, the performance is almost the same! And no more you have to worry about the running out of gas. It’s a great relief thinking there is no gas in your shed or garage, right?
Some people have been using this for 3+ years and they are thrilled seeing it’s outstanding cleaning performance. It’s still going strong even after these several years. No, it does not get louder over the years. Still, much quieter than most other gas pressure blasters.
It’s pretty lightweight, so very easy to move around. That’s what you want from a portable one, right? It’s probably the most reviewed and recommended one out there. Very powerful as confirmed by many happy users. No matter how old is the mold or how hard nut to crack dirt on your sidewalk, this will get rid of them pretty fast.
From your deck & house to garage door & slab, you can clean everything. And the way it cleans is really charming. It cleans pretty fast simply because, for the 0-degree stream, it creates a larger area. The soap dispenser works really well. You will find all the attachments and all the stream types highly useful.
If you think a portable electric pressure washer with water tank is a joke, you are dead wrong. It does everything it says. From a lot of construction workers to homeowners, it got huge positive reviews and recommendations.
Read the manual very carefully. Don’t forget, the motor will turn off if the spraying hose is pressurized. If I were you, I would dry off the nozzle tips after every use to prevent the rust out. When not in use, store it by detaching the nozzle tip from the sprayer wand.
Why Should You Have It?
- With just an 1800-watt motor, it can generate up to 2030 PSI power.
- A versatile model for so many cleaning tasks.
- Sun Joe stands by their products for a long time. So, your investment is pretty safe.
- To save energy and for prolonging life, it features an automatic shut-off feature.
- Yes, you can replace the plastic hose with a brass one.
- Very less likely to have any leak.
- Probably the quietest one out there with thousands of positive reviews.
- Some people expected a little bit longer hose.
- Have incidences of rusting nozzle tips.
- For short people, the wand is a little short.
Greenworks 1700 PSI With Hose Reel
It’s really tough to switch from gasoline pressure washer to the electrical version. A lot of people were hesitant too before using this. But it has completely changed their minds because of its outstanding performance.
It can clean the mold-infested brick pretty fast and it will give you an easier car cleaning experience. And the great relief is that you won’t have to deal with oil and gasoline anymore. Also, just like the previous one, it is lightweight too so that you can move it around hassle-free. Thanks to its wheels!
You will get all the attachments you need. All the hoses work just fine and after using it for a long time, many happy users have confirmed these hoses are leak-proof. Also if you need to fit third party attachments, they will work too.
It’s fairly easy to assemble; should not take more than 5 minutes for a handyman. Works like charm and does everything it claims. Many have confirmed it exceeded their expectations. Very quiet as well, so it won’t disrupt the neighborhood. A perfect alternative for people who don’t feel comfortable dealing with gasoline and oil.
Many have tried it to wash their cars, and it exceeded their expectations. You will get an impressive result if you try it on your sidewalks, lawn furniture, and concrete. It can clean all the stains and molds. And all the good jobs it does without any leaks which are pretty impressive for an entry-level blaster.
If the power cord that comes with it does not seem long enough for your purposes, you can try and extension cord. It seems to work just fine as many have confirmed. You can find its accessories from anywhere easily as well. I would recommend replacing the existing soap dispenser with a modern one with the adjustable valve.
Let’s see why people call it another best electric pressure washer for cars:
- It comes with 2 nozzles, soap dispenser, 20 feet long high-pressure hose, and the trigger assembly.
- You can replace the soap dispenser with a soap cannon too.
- The 35 feet power cord has built-in inline GFCI so that you can use it in any exterior outlets.
- Totally kids safe. It features a safety clip that is really an impressive value addition.
- Very affordable price for such a great one.
- Relatively less noise than its gas-powered counterparts.
- 1700 PSI; so strong enough to get the mold and dirt off the hard surfaces.
- For greater stability, you can use it both horizontally and vertically.
- For maximum surface coverage, you can get a Turbo nozzle from 3rd
- A little bit difficult to hold down the trigger on the wand for continuous use.
You want to wash your car without much scrubbing and you want to do it faster, this is what you need. With it’s incredibly powerful 2150 PSI cleaning power, there is no hard task that you can’t get done. People with huge experience of using gas pressure washers have appreciated its strong performance. It’s huge positive feedback and recommendations from experienced users are pretty impressive.
Before I go any further, let me clear something up upfront. You will find old reviews saying the connector break down easily. Well, that was true in the past; but Stanley made a huge improvement. The connector is now made of brass; so it’s pretty heavy-duty.
Did I mention it comes with foam cannon? It’s a great improvement. Just let the foam sits on the car for a few minutes and watches how greatly it removes all the dead bugs and dirt from your car. Proven to remove hard stains from the concrete driveways within seconds.
Assembling takes only a few minutes, but I strongly recommend reading the full manual. There are certain situations where it will shut off while spraying. The manual explains clearly what to do to deal with such issues.
Every cleaning task becomes easier with this one. Using the household unit itself is pretty easy and you can move it here and there easily as well. It’s too clean it as well. People call the quick-release wand with 4 attachments a life-saver. If you hate carrying a gas pressure unit for small chores or to wash your car, get it without any hesitation. You won’t be disappointed.
- Will keep going strong years after years. Stanley is a super-powerful power washer with its 2150 PSI strength.
- Small in size and lightweight yet highly powerful.
- Comes with a foam cannon to blast activating soap on your cars for deep cleaning.
- Everything is included for your most common projects like the gun, wand, 25 feet long hose, tank for detergent, 4 quick-connect nozzles, and many others.
- Comes with a 35 feet power cord.
- Any standard size hoses and nozzles will fit just fine.
- The garden brass hose connector is a leak-free professional-grade one.
- Pretty safe investment on something very important like this. Stanley stands behind their products.
- Less noisy than other models and totally silent when not in use. Many have confirmed it’s much quieter than you expect.
- Very easy to store.
- So many happy buyers out there. Read their recommendations to make up your mind.
- Very caring customer care department. Feel free to contact them for any of your trouble, confusion, or replacement parts.
- No instant peak pressure. It will take 1 to 2 seconds to build the full pressure.
- Not as powerful as its commercial-grade counterparts.
Sun Joe SPX3001
Sun Joe keeps wondering about their customers. And just like all other previous models of the brand, the SPX3001 model is more than enough power for your deck, pavers, cars, siding, patio, and so on. It can get all the gunk off of your driveways, wash your car without skipping a bit, and much more. So, pay more money for the expensive gas options?
You will love the pretty cool engineering of it where the motor stops when the trigger is not engaged. Perfect set up to save energy and durability. This little engineering protects you from annoying noises when you need to take a break. Pretty much less noise when the motor is on as well. That’s the reason people call it the most efficient one!
For an electric unit, it’s more than powerful. For all of your home use, the power is just adequate. Plus, it features quick connect hose and spray heads to clean everything faster and easier. All the nozzle heads are just awesome to perform your various tasks.
The hose alone got huge positive reviews from happy users. The quality of the hose is far better and it won’t kink like many other models. To store the hose conveniently, you will love the hose reel. After comparing it with other brands, many have confirmed the quality is much better!
Many have confirmed its flawless performance for so long! And the price is just right. Check the price of the same model in Home Depot or other reputed stores then decide yourself.
You should read the manual to learn basic troubleshooting. The manual comes with lots of safety information as well. Read the manual before you use it for the first time.
- Very powerful 1800-watt motor that can generate up to 2030 PSI. Even for your toughest cleaning task, it’s more than enough. From removing road tar to get rid of tree sap, you can do anything with such high pressure!
- To keep the 20 feet long hose organized, it features an onboard reel. The hose is made of reinforced material and you will get stiffness the same as the hydraulic ones.
- For your light to heavy-duty cleaning task, it comes with 5 quick-connect spray tips.
- Features a very large detergent tank.
- Comes with all necessary connectors and attachments like garden hose adaptor, 35 feet long power cord.
- As usual, the TSS trigger is pretty intelligent.
- Huge positive feedback and recommendations.
- Some buyers got a defective unit. But they got their problems solved upon contacting the customer service. Check your unit, give it a test run as soon as you receive the delivery.
- The wheels don’t move freely as mentioned by some reviewers.
Sun Joe SPX3500
It does not feature the traditional pressure washer motor. Rather it comes with an induction motor that lasts longer than its traditional counterparts. And the motor is really heavy!
With the heavy-duty pump and motor, it weighs heavy. The housing is made of plastic and the housing is pretty tough, so no chance of crack from use. It comes with every modern facility that you can think of like storage for hose and power cord. More importantly, it’s not terribly noisy. So, it deserves your attention as so many people have already recommended this.
You can remove the pressure hose from it which is a plus considering you can’t do so with other cheap units. Since there is much weight at the bottom of this, there is no chance of tip over. You will find tremendous improvement from other units in regards to the gun, wand, and hose.
Have a concrete patio or driveways that have not been pressure washed for more than 10 or 20 years. Did it turn solid black? Give it a try. You will be shocked by seeing the impressive result. You would not imagine an electrical unit can do this impressive job. The pressure is as powerful as its gas unit’s counterparts.
In fact, you will get some extra advantages that you would not get from the gas pressure washer. Think about the loud noise of the gas units. You will have almost 75% less noise with this unit. Since it does not require any oil or gas, there is no exhaust fume either.
Don’t get confused reading some negative reviews. Sun Joe will take care of everything if you get any defective units. Many have confirmed to find impressive results cleaning their patios, siding, cars, etc. Read some of their reviews yourself to understand what this little beast can do.
More features of Sun Joe SPX3500
- Powerful 13 AMP motor to generate pressure up to 2300 PSI. Because of its monstrous power, people call the grime fighter. With this one with a durable induction motor, there is no room for stubborn gunk and grime.
- Because of the induction motor, it runs faster & quieter than traditional units.
- Comes with a removable1.2 L detergent tank and it has an adjustable detergent dial so that you can use the right amount of soap.
- Comes with a 20-feet long pressure hose. Features a 35-foot GFCI extension cord. So, apart from outdoor cleaning, you can now clean from room to room. Yes, you can add an extension cord as well.
- Easy gliding wheels ensure the utmost maneuverability.
- Now you can clean faster than your imagination. People with past experience of using Honda and Greenworks have confirmed they got a better results with lesser money.
Sun Joe SPX3200
You are looking for something easy to set up and use yet powerful enough to get the job done, Sun Joe SPX3200 is for you. It is a well-built one and it won’t tip over in any case. With the heavy-duty hose, all necessary nozzles, and solid gun – it will meet your need that you expect from a high-quality portable pressure washer.
Everything is within your control and you can use it the way you want. With various spray heads, all the tiresome tasks are very easy. It’s pretty straightforward to use the sprayer. You can control the pressure using the high and low dial for your various needs. Also, you can control the amount of soap to use.
It has more than enough power to clean your car, bike, desk, furniture, and other household cleanings. All the mildew stains and stubborn dirt will be gone within seconds if you use the 0 degrees set up to reach the high pressure. It’s a verified fact by so many reviewers of it.
Many have confirmed they got more than their expectations at this price point. You can place your full trust on it for all of your household power washing. You won’t be disappointed. If you don’t believe it can give your old concrete driveways a new look, give it a shot!
Many people have bought it for the second and 3rd time because they were so happy with their previous units. Power washing becomes fun and easy with the Sun Joe SPX3200 model. Out of its 2 pressure settings, I use the lower one to clean my car and for the rest of the cleaning, I always use the higher setup. No complain! You won’t either once you start using this little beast.
For the peace of your mind, it frees you from the danger and hassle of using the gas pressure counters. But you get almost the same result!
Features of Sun Joe SPX3200
- Very powerful 14.5 AMP motor to generate up to 2030 PSI pressure. No more dirt or stubborn grime anywhere outside your home or in your car.
- 360 º easy gliding and swiveling wheels have made it highly portable. It’s lightweight, so you can carry it anywhere you want.
- When the trigger is not engaged, the Total Stop System stops the pump to save some energy cost and prolonging its life.
- Proven to be quieter yet more powerful than most other models from other brands.
- Do not try to use any harsh chemicals like ammonia other than soap/detergent to avoid damaging the seal.
- Ensures more tasks done with less work and it does it faster.
- Have some incidences of tipping over.
- More plastic parts than other models of the same brand. There could be more brass parts.
In the world of power blasters, Sun Joe is second to none. But the positive reviews and recommendations for this unit are really awesome. That’s the reason I have included this model in my reviews.
Alright, it has all the good features of a high-quality one but what has made it unique is its highly flexible hose. It maneuvers and coils so efficiently that you have never experienced it before. The castor wheels are very easy to lock and unlock. So, it’s a great portable solution too for your power blasting.
Every detail of the model and every engineering of it is just amazing. Very tiny in size yet super sturdy. The pressure is tremendous to get all the job done that you can think of. If you hate the smell, sound, and all other hassles of the gas models, you will love it.
You will find several feedbacks from happy customers saying it’s much better than its gas-powered counterparts. Why? Simply because it works extremely well and it’s so used to use.
The super-strong pressure will let you do any heavy work. Removing mold from the exterior brick walls, wooden deck, or concrete surfaces is super easy with this one. Use the Turbo nozzle and watch the magic!
You can store all the necessary accessories like the spray gun, 2 lances, all the nozzles, spray tips securely in one place. So, less chance of losing vital parts!
What has made Powerhouse International so cool is it’s incredibly awesome after-sales service. You will find several reviews from happy buyers praising their awesome customer service.
No matter what is your need or the nature of your problem, you will get your help from them. Do you need any replacement parts? Just let them know your needs.
- 3000 PSI. More powerful than many of its kind.
- Better performance than some gas washers as well. Definitely quieter than gas blasters.
- The motor stops when you release the trigger.
- Features 4 casters so that you can move it anywhere you need it.
- For your hydro jet power washing to the car wash, it comes with 5 quick-connect spray tips.
- It comes with all the attachments and parts you need. The fitting is universal, so you can use 3rd party attachments/parts as well.
- Comes with 30 feet long hose and it is more flexible than its previous model.
- 5 inches’ patio cleaner.
- It is meant to be used with cold water but you can still use warm water depending on your unique need. However, never try hot water.
- No tendency to fall over.
No serious problem at all. Because of the great customer services, there are no serious allegations as well.
Buying Guide For The Best Portable Pressure Washer With Water Tank
There are lots of factors that you have to consider to pick the right one. Almost all the models that I have reviewed above have different AMP capacity and PSI. And let me remind you again, they are expensive. So, you can afford to have an under-performing model for which you will suffer years after years.
One great way to prevent fooling yourself is to understand your needs first, then read all the features of a particular model that you intend to buy. Usually, you will make a better decision if you consider these following factors first:
- Your Need
Depending on your need, you should think about the water pressure strength first when it comes to buying a new one. You don’t need a higher pressure if you are planning to clean just the regular surfaces of your driveways, decks, patios, siding, etc.
However, if you intend to strip the embedded moss, paint, built-up muck, and so on, higher pressure is always recommended.
- Source of Power
They can be either electric or gas-powered. It’s true the gas-powered blasters are more powerful than their electrical counterparts, but some electrical models like the one from the Powerhouse International that I reviewed above can have more pressure than the gas models.
I don’t want to remind you but don’t forget dealing with gas and oil is really problematic and sometimes dangerous too. Like many others, if you are not comfortable dealing with gas and oil, electrical models are pretty good to get the job done.
You do not want to disrupt the neighborhood with the loud sound of the motor. Gas-powered blasters produce louder noise than their electrical counterparts. I reviewed some electrical models that are almost quiet.
Think about where you will use it. You will find some models with a welded frame to protect them from the motor and engine from rough terrains. Some models are build low that can under-perform in such rough terrains.
The durability and capacity of the unit have a direct relation with the cost. As a rule of thumb, quality requires cost. However, it’s not true that higher cost always means higher-quality. Assess your needs first then spends accordingly.
- PSI & GPM
PSI (Pressure on Square Inch) measures the pressure of the water. More PSI means more pressure. When you need to clean old hard nut to crack surfaces, you need more PSI. This is where you need to focus on.
GPM measures how many gallons of water it can discharge per minute. For better cleaning, you need a better water output. That means you should be looking for more GPM.
- The Hose
In a higher-quality unit, you will find a removable hose and usually, the quality is great. You won’t be having any leak. However, if you have a lower budget, it may not be the case.
- Customer Feedback
It’s important you read the maximum number of customer feedback before you buy one. Only the existing buyers have the firsthand knowledge of your intended unit. You can learn the problems they face (if any).
The electric units are getting much popularity day by day. Because they are efficient to handle and you won’t have to deal with gasoline and oil. But you must pick the best portable pressure washer with water tank to get the full benefit.
I know I have reviewed a couple of them, but I personally recommend you to the Sun Joe SPX3000.