You need the best fire extinguisher for car to put out the fire without creating the subsequent mess and damaging the engine. To put out the fire of the kitchen, home, or office, you need bigger fire extinguishers. All of them must be effective against all fire class type like A, B, C, and K. I am gonna review all of them.
If you have no previous experiences of buying fire extinguishers, don’t forget to read the buyer’s guidelines at the end of the article.
Best Fire Extinguishers Comparison Table
I have compared 3 of them for your car and home. They are firemen recommended and already have proven to put out the fire within seconds. They last long enough to give you a sense of safety all the time.
Now that you have my recommended fire extinguishers, it’s time to have a look at the detail reviews. In addition to the above 3, I have reviewed couple more.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Fire Extinguishers Comparison Table
- 1.1 H3R Performance HG100C HalGuard Fire Extinguisher Review
- 1.2 Kidde Pro 210 Fire Extinguisher Review
- 1.3 First Alert FIAFESA5 – Cheap Fire Extinguisher
- 1.4 Amerex ABC Dry Chemical (B500) Fire Extinguisher Review
- 1.5 Mini Firefighter Multi Purpose Fire Extinguisher Review
- 1.6 Fire Gone Fire Suppressant Canisters Review
- 1.7 First Alert – Tundra Fire Extinguishing Aerosol Spray
- 1.8 Kidde Pro 10 Multi-Purpose Fire Extinguisher Reviews
- 1.9 H3R Performance MX250B Fire Extinguisher Review
- 1.10 Share this:
H3R Performance HG100C HalGuard Fire Extinguisher Review
Based on the end result it can deliver and the way it looks, this is my number 1 recommended best auto fire extinguisher. Its incredible effectiveness against fire without creating an additional mess is vetted by lots of happy buyers. It can knock the fire out within seconds and it is a real experience of so many users.
With a classy chrome finish, it’s a smart addition your car. It’s pretty lightweight and compact. Using this one is so easy and it has a discharge range of 6 to 8 feet. While discharging, it is proven not to impair your vision.
It is 100% rechargeable and since it is made from the high-quality stainless cylinder, it will serve you years after years. Keep an eye on the pressure indicator. It will let you know when the extinguisher needs a recharge. Whenever the needle of the pressure indicator moves outside the green zone, it’s time to recharge it.
As you have already known the inherent problem of traditional fire extinguisher, there will be a lot of mess to clean up after the fire is gone. But this one does not leave any residue. It uses dry chemicals to stop the fire, hence creates no further mess to your car. Hence it is the best type of fire extinguisher for car as recommended by experienced users. Watch the promo video to see how it can sve your car and life without damaging your car.
More Features & Pros of H3R Performance HG100C HalGuard Fire Extinguisher
- Comes with steel strap the mounting bracket that will fit perfectly with your car, truck, motorboat, or even the aircraft. If you had to buy the bracket alone, the cost would be much higher. Just like so many buyers, you will also say it is a worthy investment.
- Made in the U.S.A and EPA approved.
- Underwriters Laboratories rated it as 1 B: C. The dimension of HG100C HalGuard is 6 x 6 x 11.2 inches. Perfectly mountable for your any type of car from the racing car or even for your truck.
- Being liquefied gas, it lets you extinguish hard to reach areas of the car from a safe distance.
- It’s lightweight, weighs only 3.82 pounds.
- You can use it right out of the box. All you have to do, just mount it anywhere you want.
Cons of H3R Performance HG100C HalGuard Fire Extinguisher
To have the complete car fire extinguisher review, you need to know some of its limitations. So here you go!
- Even though some users have recommended it to use it for the kitchen, you should try something else that has the minimum rating of 10 B: C.
- In some cases, it may arrive already damaged. You have nothing to worry. The company stands behind their product. Just contact their customer support.
Kidde Pro 210 Fire Extinguisher Review
This little bad boy has already saved thousands of lives and valuable properties. Its 2-A: 10-B: C rated, so highly suitable for home, schools, hotels, offices etc to fight against class A, B, C type. It contains 4 lbs dry chemical agent which is more than enough to put out the fire within seconds.
You can discharge the dry chemical from a distance of 10 to 15 feet. All it needs 13 to 15 seconds to control the raging fire. Being rechargeable, it lets you use it years after years. It is made of aluminum which is totally corrosion free. So your investment will pay off even after so many years.
It comes with clear-cut instructions, so you should not face any trouble using it. Besides, it has the pressure gauge to check the pressure status. Just to make you comfortable, even after several years (more than 7) lots of users have found it to have full pressure.
As you can see, it’s basically a multi-purpose fire extinguisher which has been in the market for a very long time and proved to be effective to put the fire out from the truck, home, office etc. Because it is a commercial grade fire extinguisher and the price is so reasonable you should have it in multiple to have complete safety feeling.
Even though you can use it to prevent the fire from your car/any type of vehicles, I would not recommend it. Just because it will leave a BIG mess to your car afterward and may hamper the motor engine. Definitely, it is another best household fire extinguisher or other usages. But for your car, use the one I previously reviewed.
More Features & Pros of Kidde Pro 210 Fire Extinguisher
- The overall dimension of the model is 4.5 x 4.5 x 15.7 inches with a total weight of 7 lbs.
- Comes with the bracket to mount on the wall.
- Compact design and pretty lightweight.
- To prevent corrosion to the cylinder it is made of aluminum.
- UL (Underwriters Laboratories) rated and meets their requirements.
- For the quick pressure status check, it is equipped with the pressure gauge.
- Proven to be effective against raging inferno on different occasions for more than thousands of concerned users.
- Tested and proven to be effective against fire from wood & paper (Class A), liquids & gases (Class B), and electrical fire (Class C).
- It is not a cheap fire extinguisher but won’t break your bank account either. Very affordable.
- Very caring customer support service. The company stands behind their product. Feel free to contact them for your any query and problem.
Cons of Kidde Pro 210 Fire Extinguisher
- Very few reported that it had lost the pressure within a year.
First Alert FIAFESA5 – Cheap Fire Extinguisher
This is not just a car fire extinguisher review; you can use it to knock out fire from gasoline, oil, grease, or electrical fires. First Alert is a reputable company in this field to deliver high-quality cheap fire extinguisher.
The FIAFESA5 model is 5-B: C rated, so it’s highly suitable for your kitchen, garage, home and definitely another best automotive fire extinguisher. The price is not that much high like the above one reviewed, so you can g`1111et as much as needed to secure your daily life.
I have seen a lot of people are asking whether it can be securely placed inside the car in hot summer or cold weather. It is perfectly safe irrespective of the seasons. The fire extinguisher is made to take any sort of pressure. People living in the hot areas of the U.S.A. like Georgia, desert area have been using it in their cars for several years without any issue. In freezing cold weather like Montana, it is perfectly safe to be in the car.
It comes with the mounting bracket. If your car has such clearance under the seat you can mount it horizontally. Or simply put it in the back of your car. For your kitchen or anywhere in the home, mount it the way you like it. For your ready references, it comes with easy to understand manuals. Using this one is really simple.
Already it has saved thousands of lives and money. Has proven to be highly effective during the fire. You are welcome to read some real reviews of happy users of it. When they have it nearby them, they feel safer and have fewer things to worry.
Tips: Check your fire extinguisher regularly. Press the little green button to check the pressure.
More Features & Pros of FIAFESA5 – Fire Extinguisher
- A true friend in need to safeguard your asset and valuable lives of family members.
- Proven to put out fires within seconds.
- Beautiful and compact designs. Comes with mountable safety bracket.
- Total weight is 2.75 pounds. More than enough for your kitchen.
- Cheap price with better quality has made it unbeatable in the market.
- Proven to be effective and safe even in the EXTREME hot and cold weather. Already stopped lots of car fires and lots of car fire accidents survivors have recommended it as the best car fire extinguisher.
- So many repeated buyers. For the peace of your mind, they just love to have it for their every car.
- Huge recommendations from experienced users to fight against fire from gasoline and electrical fire.
Cons of FIAFESA5 – Fire Extinguisher
- Even though it has diversified usage, it may not be suitable for your racing car.
Amerex ABC Dry Chemical (B500) Fire Extinguisher Review
A good one to put out the large fire (A, B, and C type) and considering its capacity and the large number of positive feedbacks, it is definitely another best fire extinguisher for home or office. It won’t break your bank account and it is rechargeable. So, yes it will be effective for a pretty long time and you can use it even after several years.
Metal construction, so you won’t face leakage or fall of pressure issue even after several years. You should stay away from cheap plastic made fire extinguishers always. When the bad time comes, the plastic made extinguisher may not work or you may found it is already leaked! It got lots of appreciation from real firefighters across the U.S.A.
Including the weight of the cylinder, the total weight is 10 lbs where there are 5 lbs of dry chemical extinguishing agent. Although 5 lbs are way more for the car (for car 2.5 lbs is recommended), lots of people keep one or two of them inside their trucks and cars. For a motorboat, yes you can keep it as well.
But there is a catch…
It will create a subsequent mess inside the car because of the dry chemical powder. If you want to avoid the mess, always get the clean extinguishing agent. They are a little bit costly though.
Though not recommended for the car, highly effective for commercial-grade vehicles.
More features & Pros of Amerex ABC Dry Chemical Fire Extinguisher
- The dimension of Amerex fire extinguisher is 15.25 inches x 7.25 wide x 4.25 depth.
- Firemen recommended most effective fire extinguisher. It’s multipurpose and suitable for all fire types like cooking oil fires, fires from combustible materials, flammable liquids, and electrical fires.
- 14 seconds discharge time and it has put off fires for many people within much lesser time than that.
- Comes with the wall bracket and you can store it anyways you like including sideways in a car.
- It’s rechargeable but you should recharge it only by the professionals. Use the date chart to keep records.
- Under extreme heat or cold, the effectiveness remains intact and it is confirmed by several buyers.
- Clear cut instructions.
- It may not be the best type of fire extinguisher for car, but lots of people are keeping it to their commercial vehicles. B500 fire extinguishers are widely recommended for commercial vehicles.
- Being commercial grade extinguisher and recommended by firemen, it’s a good choice for commercial buildings.
Cons of Amerex ABC Dry Chemical Fire Extinguisher
- Have incidents to arrive already broken.
- Not suitable for your car because the dry chemical will create huge mess afterward.
Mini Firefighter Multi Purpose Fire Extinguisher Review
Proven to be highly effective when you need the portable extinguisher for your kitchen, car, office, boat, RV, garage or simply BBQ party! The foam expands up to 40 times and contracts immediately after the fire is put out without leaving any dirty residue! Simply wipe clean the place and you are good to go!
Simply shake and spray system has made it super simple to use by anyone. Even the seniors can use it. It’s completely non-toxic and non-irritant. Tested by UL and found to be pretty good for class A, B, C, K type fire. Recommended by lots of firefighters and already there are huge happy buyers.
How effective to put out the fire?
Lots of firefighters have bought it for their kitchen to make it safe. Portability and tiny size have made the best type of fire extinguisher for car as well. And yes, it has been proved to put out fire effectively by suffocating and cooling the fire. Re-ignition is prevented as well.
Pretty small in size has made convenient to carry it where. The weather does not affect its effectiveness. Without any trouble, it can perform well even under temperatures ranging from -40F to +158F.
It’s reusable. But as long as there is firefighting foam inside the can. I would not recommend you to do that. In fact, no firemen will recommend you to store the used can for later usage. This is a very cheap fire extinguisher. Dispose of the used can. Always keep brand new can nearby you. That way you will have the true sense of security.
More Features & Pros of Mini Firefighter Extinguisher
- Extremely easy to operate. If you can use the aerosol can, you can use it as well. Just stand back 3 to 4 feet and push the top of the extinguisher.
- Unbeatable price. You should have multiple of for your kitchen and car.
- Have clear-cut long ranging expiration date.
- An invaluable item for your camping adventures. Say NO to camping fire accidents!
- Provides a sense of security knowing that it can fight several types of fires.
- Compact and small size. You can keep it anywhere you want like the kitchen drawer, boat compartment, car glove etc.
Cons of Mini Firefighter Multi Purpose Fire Extinguisher
- Not suitable for a large fire.
- Some people don’t feel comfortable to use it to their car engine.
Fire Gone Fire Suppressant Canisters Review
Aqueous film forming foams are highly effective to fight against class A, B, and C type fires. Fire Gone has made it so simple to use it and already it is loved by lots of extra careful people. It is firefighters recommended and being a cheap fire extinguisher, you can have it as much as you want to keep your car and home safe from fire.
Being effective for class A, B, and C type fire, you can use it confidently for electrical fire, grease and oil fire in the kitchen and so on.
Just like any normal extinguishers, it can fight the same fires. Being so tiny in size and cheap, you can put it everywhere in your home. In case you stress out during raging fire, you can or anybody else will find it easily. It’s a peace of mind as well having so many of them.
More Features & Pros of Fire Gone Canisters
- Comes in pairs. With each order, you get 2 of them.
- Unbeatable price.
- Pretty safe to keep inside of your car and home. Don’t be afraid of your child. These canisters are not easy to open by the child.
Cons of Fire Gone Fire Suppressant Canisters
- Not so good for BIG fire.
- Have incidents of leakage.
- NOT rechargeable. You can only use them until they run out.
First Alert – Tundra Fire Extinguishing Aerosol Spray
Another ideal household fire extinguisher from First Alert. It is ideal for your kitchen, boat, RV, or garage for most types of fire from electricity, grease, wood, paper etc. You can discharge almost 4 times longer than traditional fire extinguishers to ensure the fire is completely in control. The subsequent clean up is also easy, and all you have to do just use a damp cloth to clean. Being biodegradable has made it suitable for using it everywhere.
Due to weight and size, you may face trouble handling traditional fire extinguishers. If that is the case, it’s a great choice for you. Each of these can weigh only 1 pound. Just hold it, aim, and spray! It’s THAT simple. And it has already put out fires on different occasions for a countless number of people.
Not just tiny fire, it has put out the large fire as well saved the precious home. Though large fire extinguisher is always preferable to the large fire, it can contain the large fire. There are lots of reviews regarding how this tiny bad boy put out the large inferno. That’s why so many people consider it another best household fire extinguisher.
How does it do it?
The spray nozzle is 3 times wider than a regular actuator. That helps to put out the fire faster. Your aim does not have to be perfect; the wide nozzle will do the job for you.
More Features & Pros of Tundra Fire Extinguishing Spray
- It’s from a notable brand ‘First Alert’. They have been in this business for a very long time with higher reputation.
- 2 buying options. With each order, you can order either 1 or 2.
- Biodegradable cleaning agent.
- The aerosol nozzle is perfect to be used in the kitchen. To control the raging kitchen fire, keep 2/3 of these cans in the kitchen cabinet. Store them where it is very easy to find.
- Compact size ensures it to be stored anywhere you want.
- Pretty reasonable price and with that price you should buy multiples of them. They last long as well.
- To many users, it’s a REAL fire extinguisher as an extinguisher should be. Recommended by firefighters and people with experiences using it.
Cons of Tundra Fire Extinguishing Aerosol Spray
- One time usage. It’s non-rechargeable and you should not totally depend on used cans. Always get a couple of new cans nearby you.
- Confusing spray direction in dark light.
Kidde Pro 10 Multi-Purpose Fire Extinguisher Reviews
A gigantic rechargeable fire extinguisher from Kidde to fight against monstrous inferno! Its coast guard approved and highly recommended by firefighters as the best fire extinguisher for home and office for all types of class. Contains 10 lbs of extinguishing dry chemical agent! Quick discharge time (19 to 21 seconds) ensures to put out fire very quickly. And you can discharge it at a distance of 20 feet.
It’s a commercial grade extinguisher and there are various reasons you do want it instead of 5 lbs or lesser. During raging fire or when the fire is already at danger level, you need a BIG extinguisher to completely contain it. Just hold, aim, and spray from a safe distance. It’s already proven to be effective against large fire.
It comes with the wall bracket and you should install it in a common place where everybody can have easy access. It comes with step by step usage instruction as well. So, anybody can use it.
The cylinder itself is made of high-quality metal from top to bottom. It is well-built and meant to last long. From the gauge, you can always tell easily whether it is charged or not and whether it is ready to be used or not.
Now let me share a real-life experience of a Kidde Pro extinguisher. It may help you decide better. A homeowner had this for over 7 years in the garage. When he saw fire in his neighbor’s yard, he used this one. And within seconds, it completely put out the fire.
So as you can see, even after several years, the pressure remains intact and you are good to use it.
Advice: If you have used it partially, you should recharge it fully for the next usage (if required).
More Features & Pros of Kidde Pro 10 Fire Extinguisher
- Multipurpose fire extinguisher. Proven to be effective for Class A, B, and C fire.
- The dimension of the extinguisher is 5.2 x 8.3 x 21.6 inches.
- 4-A, 60-B: C UL rated. 195 PSI extreme pressure.
- Contains 10 pounds of fire extinguishing dry chemical agent. Including the cylinder, it weighs 16 lbs.
- Rechargeable and meant to retain the charge even after several years.
- Full metal head and neck. To protect against corrosive damage, the cylinder is powder coated for durability.
- Can be stored anywhere. Recommended temperature ranges from -40 to +120 F. The included UL approved wall hanger lets you hang it anywhere around the home or office.
- So much higher appreciation from firemen and experienced people across the U.S.A.
Cons of Kidde Pro 10 Multi-Purpose Fire Extinguisher
- Not recommended to be carried in a car.
- Sometimes delivered already damaged due to shipment.
H3R Performance MX250B Fire Extinguisher Review
Are you looking for the best auto fire extinguisher for race car? MX250B does not leave any residue. It contains 2.5 lbs of fire extinguishing agent which is surprisingly enough to douse a fire from your car or small fire from your home. You will love it by just looking at it.
Being effective for all fire class like A, B, and C, the multi-purpose fire extinguisher can save life and asset from all types of raging fire. The metal made body of the cylinder with black gloss finish has made it stand alone. Because it won’t damage your car further, there is no better option than this.
The dimension of the fire extinguisher is 17 x 6 x 4.1 inches with a weight of 6 lbs (including extinguishing agent). It’s a standard size small fire extinguisher that fits perfectly at the base of the front seat. You can keep it at the back of your car as well. Lots of people having the racing car, collector car, Jeep wrangler etc have found it highly effective.
Apart from looking good, the well made fire extinguisher has already saved lots of cars. For the peace of your mind, you should have it in your car as well. The price is a little bit higher than conventional fire extinguishers, but it will pay off when the time comes!
How To Select the Best Fire Extinguisher For Home & Car?
Fire extinguishers vary based on fire types. You need to get the proper one for your very specific need. This section will be tremendously helpful if you have no experiences of buying fire extinguishers. In this buying guide, I am not just gonna talk how to pick the right one, I will cover some additional tips and tricks. You will get tips from real firefighters as well.
Determine The Type & No. Of Extinguishers
As you may already know, there are 3 types of fires like class A, B, and C (or K). Whereas most of the fire extinguishers are able to put out fires from all these 3 classes, some specialized types are not like fire extinguishers for car. Some are rechargeable and some are not. There are fire suppression canisters as well.
So, based on your need, you first need to determine the type of the fire extinguishers suitable for you. For your car, you can think about buying the first one I have reviewed above. For your home to protect against A/B/C type fires, think about First Alert or Kidde.
How many should you get them? To make it simple, just multiply your floor space by 0.065. Let’s say you have a floor space of 400 square meters. Now multiplying 400 by 0.065 will give you the number of 26. Now, you should have at least 26 fire extinguishers or more.
Certified By Whom?
Your fire extinguishers should be tested and verified by recognized testing labs like UL, ETL, CSA, FM etc. Most of the time these are tested by UL and you should find this information on the label.
If Not Sure, Call The Experts!
It’s okay if you don’t understand which type and how many extinguishers you need. In that case, call the fire extinguisher
Larger Size Is Preferable
I am not talking about the size of the cylinder. A big fat cylinder won’t ensure you to get the best household fire extinguisher. I am talking about the fire deterrent agent. For your home, you should have at least 5 lbs or drier chemical agent fire extinguishers. For your portable fire safety like car and motorboat, anything up to 2.5 lbs is good enough. Take consideration of your strength as well. Will you be able to hold it for at least 20 seconds?
Check Pressure Indicator & Expiration Date
Check the pressure of all the fire extinguishers after every 30 days. Check the expiration date of the cylinder as well. Normally these cylinders last for up to 12 years and you should dispose of them after the end of the expiration date. The problem is some cylinder does not have expiration date mentioned. If this is the case, contact the customer support of the company and take note of the expiration date.
Read the Instructions Immediately
Most people make the mistake. They think when the time comes, they will read it. But the truth is you won’t have that much time! Read the instruction as soon as you have it always.
Last Words On Fire Extinguisher Reviews
For your home and office, car and motorboat – I have reviewed all of them. Whatever you prefer, don’t forget to read as much customer reviews as you can. Get a multiple of the best fire extinguisher for car or home and place them in a place where anyone can see. Stay safe – stay prepared.